Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Bloodplay it again posted:

She has Facebook installed, but not Messenger. Unless the stats are lying, Facebook isn't really using too much juice. It is Android OS, System, then Screen. Right now she's got about 20% battery life left with just under 3 hours SOT. It seems like disabling WiFi scanning dramatically helped with the battery life, but it seems strange that the life is so bad right out of the box. I think we're going to wind up sending this one back and just hope this one is faulty. Her iPhone 4S with a 2.5-year-old battery lasts just as long as this phone. Google support was initially pretty helpful with getting the number ported over, but they haven't been too helpful with regards to device support. They want her to disable GPS entirely (despite the fact it's on battery saving mode right now) and use the phone, but if she has to disable the GPS entirely for decent battery life, it won't fly. After this factory reset, I'm not changing any settings from stock and we'll see how long it lasts. There isn't any reason she should have to take a new phone and disable half of the features to get the battery to last past 3:00 PM, right?

Well to be fair, there is no need for your GPS to be on all the time if you're at your office. I have a 5x and have had no issues whatsoever with battery life. Though how you're using the phone screen for three hours between waking up and 3pm is beyond me, surely you have other things to be doing (unless the phone is used for work).

On a more practical note of advice, its possible your battery isn't holding its full capacity, but since the OS only reports percentage rather than actual power capacity (and it most likely changes what it reports 100%at as the battery ages or loses capacity) you might not be able to tell easily. Maybe there is a way to view what it thinks its actual max capacity is and see if there is something wrong with the battery itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Bud posted:

I've been on Fi since Friday with a 6p. Came over from T-Mobile and a struggling nexus 4. Number port literally took 5 mins and so far I am very pleased with both. With a diztronic case I feel fine handling the 6p, its huge but I got used to it, like driving a 7 series after a subaru. :iiaca:

lucky. My number transfer took over a week. They couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. Turns out their system didn't recognize my address as a real place, but it took them a week and over 12 hours on hold for them to figure that out.