Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

From their website:

https://support.google.com/fi/answer/6242352?hl=en&ref_topic=4596517

So if you want to change your number back to Google Voice if you don't want Project Fi, you can.

There's one caveat on this. Apparently some GV numbers are ineligible to pull back straight to GV. IIRC the issue is that some of the number prefixes were transferred from Bandwidth.com (GV's VOIP provider) to other carriers. If your number is affected by this, when you go to cancel Fi you are not given the opportunity to move the number back to GV.

Some Google tech on Reddit mentioned this applies to about 10% of GV numbers. My ancient GrandCentral number was among it.

It looks like if this affects you, you might be able to actually do a straight out port, but you'd have to port your number from Fi to some other carrier, then port that back into GV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

Does the nexus 6p have an sd slot so I can expand my storage space?

Also will google help get me out of my contract early with another carrier?

No and no.