Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone get their travel gift card for Pixel 3? Just got my email last night.

I got all of mine on the 21st of last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

American McGay posted:

I've never had an issue with data but maybe I don't use my phone as much as most people.

What app is that?

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Bloodplay it again posted:

Long press on a home screen and add the Fi widget.

I had no idea that even existed, thanks!

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Johnny Truant posted:

And yeah, international is amazing. Give it 5 minutes once you land and it just works!
I went to Australia, New Zealand, and Honolulu this summer and was the only person with service for most of the trip. My son, on T-Mobile, would show a connection but couldn't place a call or use data; I made a hot-spot and he connected through me the entire time.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Fi has been good to me but the biggest deal was when my son and I travelled to Australia and New Zealand last summer. He has T-Mobile and everyone else on the trip had that or AT&T or Verizon. I was the only one with Fi and for about 90% of the trip was the only person with both phone and data service. I was even able to do a few video calls with zero problems. Everyone else had to struggle with the hotel WiFi or pretty no roaming anywhere.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Chaotic Flame posted:

Would it be worth getting a Pixel 5? Currently have a 3 and I believe the 5 is the last pixel with unlimited storage for photos and whatnot. No real need since my 3 works fine but not sure if they'll change their mind on the 5 or something in the future.

My pixel 3xl pretty much died and I've gone to a pixel 5 and have to say other than wishing the screen was bigger is better in every respect. Also the battery lasts forever, I've never had a phone able to go this long without a recharge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Fhqwhgads posted:

I still have like $400 left on my 7 device payment, or I'd also consider the Fi deal for the 8. Although maybe I can still come out ahead a bit if the trade in value is decent.

I'm in the same boat; I decided to pass on the 8 because it doesn't seem like much of an upgrade from the 7. I'll move to a nine next year.