Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

google fi email posted:

We would like to apologize for the mistake we made on your last bill in which you were not charged for your Fi service due to a technical issue on our side.

We would like to inform you that we will include this amount on your next bill in addition to your corresponding charges for the current cycle. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

The payment of $0 isn't scheduled for another 11 days but it's very cool of them to charge me twice next month instead of just correcting it and charging the proper amount later this month. Did this happen to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Uthor posted:

I don't actually want/need the 5G, I was just hoping to find a 4a for $300. If it's $350, I may as well get a regular one and keep my current service.

Plus, I disliked Fi when I had it, though it'd probably be acceptable now that I don't leave the house. Though my service would go to poo poo sometimes even at home cause it would switch to a terrible tower.

You'd be locked in for 2 years, but you can do the 4a subscription for $216 if you decline the phone warranty. It is $9/mo or $15/mo with warranty, but I don't see the point in paying $144 over 2 years for a $216 phone's warranty.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Uthor posted:

Interesting, but where do you see that?

I see $9/month only if I have the protection plan, $14.54/month for the device only.

When I go to fi.google.com and click the subscription button while signed in, it takes me to this page. It's $15/mo by default until you uncheck device protection, which brings it down to $9/mo, unless I'm missing something. I can't see the final price without going through a credit check, so I haven't gone past that point.

Also worth noting you can't pay it off early and you're responsible for full MSRP, not promo price, of the phone if you cancel within 24 months.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

rockear posted:

Is a google Fi phone "unlocked" if not specified as such? I was on Fi for a while and bought a Pixel 5 from them. I just switched to AT&T for a bundling discount with my home internet. It worked fine with the AT&T sim for 10 days and suddenly I have no service. AT&T is blaming it on my "bring your own" phone. Not sure if there is any legitimacy to that. Shouldn't it have never worked if that was the case?

All phones from Fi or the Google Store are unlocked. Whatever the issue, it isn't due to your phone being locked to another carrier.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Especially if they'll still give you $20 for your X4. $30-50 for a year or two beats $300+ for a couple of years and you'll have a cheap backup for when you do get something else down the road. The battery life on the Moto G Power is incredibly good and the camera is significantly better than the one on the X4. I honestly don't know why or how they are still available at $50.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

a mysterious cloak posted:

That's for new sign ups. It still gives it to me for $50.

I'm seeing this when I look at it, too. Looks like it ended last week. It was for both new and existing Fi users. Tittiekisser is right.

quote:

Note: This promotion ended on 2021-04-22 09:44:59 PST. Terms are for reference only.

So much for that idea. :shobon:

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Interestingly enough, I searched T-Mobile's site and this is what they had to say:

quote:

Under federal law, you have the choice to approve or disapprove certain uses of your CPNI that are outside the scope of ordinary business operations, fraud prevention, or legal compliance. T-Mobile does not use or share CPNI in ways that would trigger this approval process—like sharing your CPNI with others to help them market their stuff. You also have the option to access and manage your CPNI by visiting our Privacy Dashboard.

I guess that explains why they sent an email. No, thanks.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Go to https://fi.google.com/account in a browser and sign in. It should be in the settings there. For one of our devices, we got an opt out success page and the other phone kept opening the Fi app, even if the link was pasted into a browser while signed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Afaik, the upgrade is just financing a phone and device protection over 24 months, but if you aren't currently paying off your phone, a 7a should be $299 ($12.46/mo), 8 should be $399 ($16.62/mo), and 8P should be $599 ($24.96/mo) without any trade-in.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Oct 21, 2023