Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

love my 5x... i got it used as a replacment after dropping m 6P in a toilet full of pee.

But its getting slower and slower, and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work anymore and that annoys me more than anything else.

I preordered a pixel 3 im black and I'm hoping it doesn't suck.. The camera blows my mind and I love the AI features for dealing with telemarketers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Cabbit posted:

This is why water resistance is at the top of my must haves now. I dropped my Moto x4 into a (mercifully just cleaned) toilet just after I got it and the thing survived that, as well as the subsequent rigorous cleaning, with nary a hiccup.

I washed the 6p in the sink and stuck it in a bag of rice... it works fine still as far as I know. It certainly worked before i replaced it with the 5x.

It was just forever unclean and had to be replaced.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This poo poo is unreal.

I bought a Pixel 5a in september.

It was corrupted from the OTA android 12 update on 11/2

I was told I would be over nighted a replacement.

Its now 7 days later.... here is my chat log with support. I've been using google fi since it came out in 2015 and this is the first time they have hosed me over. I still don't have a phone because I shipped back my Pixel 3 for credit.

quote:

Google Support

You’re connected with agent Sneha.
8:05 PM
S
Welcome to Google Support. My name is Sneha. How are you today?
Sneha · 8:05 PM
Hi Sneha, im doing fine
except that my issue hasn't been resolved and its been 7 days.
8:05 PM
S
Glad to hear that!
In case you need to refer to this chat interaction in the future, please take a note of the following case ID: 5-9227000031440
Ian, I'll check and help you with the device delivery issue.
Please allow me 3-5 minutes while I check the details for you.
Sneha · 8:06 PM
sure thank you
ID 9-XXXXXXXXXXXX
RMA#XXXXXXXXXXX
Order # GS.XXXXXXXXXXX

So its a day after the phone should have arrived at the latest, and it still hasn't shipped yet. It has been 7 days. What is going on?

on 11/2 I was told that they would overnight me a replacement. It never shipped. Then I was told last week that I just needed to wait, there was a supply issue.
Yesterday I was told I needed to wait until today to report it so they could escalate because the shipment info was bugged and wasn't updating properly.

Well the phone still isn't here, i still don't have a shipping number, and I still have not heard when I will be getting my replacement phone, that again, was broken by google with the android 12 OTA upgrade that was automatically installed on my phone.
take your time just getting all the info into the chat... ill be glad to supply ID numbers for the other contacts as well if you want
8:08 PM
S
Thanks for the wait.
Please allow me another 3-5 minutes.
Sneha · 8:11 PM
alright
i will be back in 3 minutes or less
8:12 PM
S
Okay.
Sneha · 8:12 PM
okay im here
8:14 PM
S
Thanks for the wait.
Sneha · 8:19 PM
yeah no problem
8:20 PM
S
Ian, upon checking your account details, I see that your estimated delivery time is till today.
Sneha · 8:22 PM
i included a screenshot of my estimated delivery date
it was yesterday at the latest, and it still shows that it was not even shipped yet
i contacted support yesterday and they told me to contact you again today
8:23 PM
S
I'd request you to kindly wait till today and contact us tomorrow.
Sneha · 8:23 PM
you have to be kidding me
do you have a shipping number for me?
what makes you think its going to arrive today when its 8:24 pm and the email said 11/8 at the latest
and i never received a shipping number
you just told me what I was told yesterday
if you think it might arrive today i request that you send me the shipping number
so I can view where it is currently
order_status.png (copy of my shipping email that showed the last date to arrive was 11/8, as per the person i talked to yesterda)
8:28 PM
S
Thanks for the confirmation.
Sneha · 8:28 PM
So how can it be arriving today?
with no shipping number
8:29 PM
S
I've checked with my resources and I see that the estimated delivery date is showing till today EOD. Hence I request you to kindly wait till today. If in case you do not receive any updates by tomorrow, then you can contact us immediately and we will escalate the case further.
You can keep this case ID5-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for the future reference.
Sneha · 8:30 PM
that is exactly what i was told yesterday
do you not have a shipping number?
you must have one if your status shows that it might arrive today
so please supply me with this shipping number that I don't think you actually have
if it was shipped why was i never emailed as per the order email?
none of this makes any sense
8:33 PM
S
I completely understand your concern.Your package will arrive by the estimated delivery date.
Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Sneha · 8:35 PM
so tell me the shipping number
it has already gone past the estimated date
are you saying you don't have a shipping number but somehow think its going to arrive tonight?
8:36 PM
S
The estimated delivery date has not been passed. I'd request you to kindly wait till end of the day.
Sneha · 8:36 PM
that is literally not true though
they told me the EXACT same thing yesterday
i attached an image
you saw it
8:37 PM
S
As per our update the estimated delivery date shows till the end of the day.
Sneha · 8:37 PM
so just tell me you don't have a shipping number and ill contact you again tomorrow
8:37 PM
S
I got your point. However, I'd request you to kindly wait till today EOD and contact us tomorrow.
Sneha · 8:38 PM
okay so wheres the shipping number.. if it was sent you have to have one right
8:38 PM
S
I've already helped you with the resolution, I'd need to end this chat in order to help other waiting customers.
Thanks for contacting Google Fi!

Sneha · 8:38 PM
was it magically shipped to me
8:39 PM
Sneha left the chat.
S
Thanks for contacting Google Fi chat support. Your chat session is now complete.
Sneha · 8:39 PM
The session has ended.
Message sent

This is my work phone. I need it for a VPN token so I can work from home. I have had to drive an hour each way into the office for the last week because I can't loving login remotely because I don't have a phone. I made this apparent to them as well and they just don't seem to care.

I guess I will call tomorrow during the day and hope that I get someone who isn't loving useless.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 10, 2021

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I've got a Google Fi upgrade plan I've been using for 2 years to pay off my pixel 5a , and my upgrade offer is a pixel 7a at more monthly cost than a pixel 8.

Im gonna wait a month or so for any issues to show up then probably buy 8 and charge my company the $24 bucks a month with Device protection in case I crash the screen, to pay for it with my phone bill reimbursement since I'm on call.

I can't think of a reason to get that 7a for $26 a month...

Makes no sense

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The 7a is 25.80 a month with Device protection... The 8 is 24.62 month with protection. The upgrade deal is just bad it seems like
At least when I go through Fi.google.com that's my only options except to go 8 pro and is 37 usd a month with protection.

Edit: my phone has been payed off since early September and the offer for that was the 7a at a higher price than the 8.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 21, 2023