Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Your pricing seems weird/off from what I paid for mine and I was doing the exact same thing as you mentioned. I had the pixel 5a on the two year subscription payment thing but that was only $9 a month.

Now I just upgraded to the pixel 8 pro and that's $24.96 for the same two years. Maybe it's because I don't use the device protection that yours is much higher. But yes as the other person mentioned, the "free upgrade" is a weird way to word it as you don't get anything free, you just get a new phone and keep paying the same subscription fee monthly, at least in theory.

The other thing relevant like the other poster mentioned is that the new phones just came out, so they are going to be the current, hot, discounted product that they're tryna push everyone to get. Versus the last generation, budget version which is the 7a that you mentioned that they are likely trying to push people away from. Unless there's a feature you like on that phone more than the 8, which I can't think of any, then it obviously makes more sense to get the new hotness, with the newest features, newer SOC, longer life span, longer updates, etc. Especially for the lower price. Unless you want to wait for the holidays or something and see if they do some kind of blowout pricing to get rid of the leftover 7a stock for super cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU