Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Was hoping someone had an idea on how to help.

Been a Fi user for a long, long time. My wife and I got our new Pixels and went through the transfer, we're using eSIM, again for a long time. We don't have cell service at our house, we use WiFi calling. Since we switched phones, text messages don't go through and calls go straight to "call ended." Double and tripple-checked to make sure WiFi calling was enabled. Even Google voice, with using a different Voice-only number does the same thing.

Weird. Okay, maybe we need to drive into town to get cell service so the transfer can finish. Odd, never had that problem before, but let's try it. We get to town, data works. Still can't make calls. Mixture of call ended, or going to the most obnoxious busy signal I've ever heard. Rebooting phones, etc., did nothing. Stayed in signal for about 30 minutes, no change, and decided to go home.

Get home and now the phones do the same thing as before, right to call ended. I try making calls or texts from the computer, same problem as from the phone. Call ends.

What in the hell? Going to reach out to Fi support in the morning, but I know that's usually a poo poo-show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks for the suggestion. No, just a reboot. When you say "full reset," what do you mean? A factory reset of the phone? Deleting/re-creating the eSIM?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Thanks for the suggestions. Resetting Fi, the eSIM, the phone, nothing worked. Reactivating in on my old phone let my old phone work. Trying reactivating on my new phone when in cell service didn't fix it.

You know what did? Pausing and reactivating my service in the Fi app. So if anyone is having issues with Fi, add that one to your toolbox.

Fixed my wife's phone right away as well. No other steps necessary.

And yeah, their support was useless.

Thanks Fi thread!