Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

I've replayed the first 2 phoenix wright games more than ive played any other game probably. once i played the first game entirely all the way through in french, despite not knowing any french. Just because

I learned how to speaked english by played Pokémon Red and Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It's maked you very good at it too.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Great job!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

no they will not posted:

the writing seemed a lot worse in a way i cant put my finger on... there were no good character moments or interesting case reveals or cool challenging gameplay moments. wright v layton kicks rear end

It's really nice to hear someone else saying this bcuz I got a 3ds mostly for DD and playing it made me think, like, "drat, was I misremembering how sick those other 5 games I played were? Was I wrong...?'". Gonna finally get VS Layton now.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

The new phoenix wright game is in development for nintendo 3DS. Not the one that takes place in the past, this is another one. So far there aren't much details, other than the protagonists will be Phoenix and Apollo, spirit summoning will return as a major plot element, and a new gameplay element will be a "water mirror", showing in court what the victim saw and felt in their final moments. I thought Dual Destinies was bad, and it's the only game in the series I think is bad, but then again, it's the same director making this as ace attorney: investigations, and the sequel to that was a big improvement. So, maybe this game will be an improvement on dual destinies. And oh yeah - this is my first thread in the imp zone, so BE NICE!!! :P

it's good my man

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fwHat the HEEL. dal destiny awas GOO

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think vs layton made a lot of people mad cuz they hadnt played layton games and didnt know how insane they are

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

i think vs layton made a lot of people mad cuz they hadnt played layton games and didnt know how insane they are

I only played one of them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

it's chill that thy are insane and he uses logic to unearth insantiy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love layton

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Layton vs Ace Attorney plot was loving ludicrous and it kicks rear end

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

i love layton

Me too

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I love phoenix slightly more though

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

My favourite case in the series is Rise from the Ashes, which is case 5 in game 1.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

fwHat the HEEL. dal destiny awas GOO

no!! it SUCKED

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

dual destinies is good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's like two Ace Attorney games being made aren't there? One's like in notEngland during the late 1800s or something and has a dude that looks like Sherlock Holmes and then I thought there was another one that was with the original cast

or am I misremembering

I have the Wright vs. Layton one but I haven't gotten to play much of it. I think it's pretty good so far though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Fabricated posted:

There's like two Ace Attorney games being made aren't there? One's like in notEngland during the late 1800s or something and has a dude that looks like Sherlock Holmes and then I thought there was another one that was with the original cast

or am I misremembering

I have the Wright vs. Layton one but I haven't gotten to play much of it. I think it's pretty good so far though.

the england one already came out and it will almost certainly not be localized

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

mabels big day posted:

the england one already came out and it will almost certainly not be localized

Wtf why not

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

For the same reason AAI 2 isn't being localized... handheld lawyer games court a niche audience

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The England one looked cool too :smith:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

no they will not posted:

For the same reason AAI 2 isn't being localized... handheld lawyer games court a niche audience

They couldn't even make it digital only like DD and Collection. Thats some bullass.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm more excited for the Phoenix Wright anime adaptation than the new game.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

You've reminded me about another bad thing that dual destinies did: The voice acting was terrible

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

wait what

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

theres an anime coming in the spring

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

In Training posted:

you should play the rest of the series... you're missing out pal!

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

no they will not posted:

You've reminded me about another bad thing that dual destinies did: The voice acting was terrible

The game is good, but yea the voice acting sounds really low budget and terrible. It was fine in the previous games so IDK what happened lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i hate phoenix and co talking in anything but beeps and boops frankly

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the voice acting in phoenix wright vs professor layton was really good so what the hell

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
all the layton games have really good voice acting though.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

no they will not posted:

all the layton games have really good voice acting though.

The time traveling Layton game had some seriously gut wrenching scenes with great VA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i hate phoenix and co talking in anything but beeps and boops frankly

The live action version is excellent

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The time traveling Layton game had some seriously gut wrenching scenes with great VA

*nods*

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

it is, but its completely differnet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I think I watched it on a plane and it took me a solid 30 minutes to realize it was Phoenix Wright

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

no they will not posted:

no!! it SUCKED

:whoptc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

:whoptc:

• Locked thread