Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
The new phoenix wright game is in development for nintendo 3DS. Not the one that takes place in the past, this is another one. So far there aren't much details, other than the protagonists will be Phoenix and Apollo, spirit summoning will return as a major plot element, and a new gameplay element will be a "water mirror", showing in court what the victim saw and felt in their final moments. I thought Dual Destinies was bad, and it's the only game in the series I think is bad, but then again, it's the same director making this as ace attorney: investigations, and the sequel to that was a big improvement. So, maybe this game will be an improvement on dual destinies. And oh yeah - this is my first thread in the imp zone, so BE NICE!!! :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

elf help book posted:

i will play it

i mean me too obviously

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Doctor Goat posted:

what was bad about dual destinies? i havent played it. i've been playing a little wright v. layton

the writing seemed a lot worse in a way i cant put my finger on... there were no good character moments or interesting case reveals or cool challenging gameplay moments. wright v layton kicks rear end

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Happy Fun Gamer posted:

Congratulations on your first thread OP.

I'm not sure if I should be excited for this. I really liked the first Phoenix Wright game, but I tried playing Phoenix Wright 2, and it just wasn't very good.

Listen fucker, the last case in the second game is the best part in the series

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
However, thank you for congratulating me.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I've replayed the first 2 phoenix wright games more than ive played any other game probably. once i played the first game entirely all the way through in french, despite not knowing any french. Just because

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

fwHat the HEEL. dal destiny awas GOO

no!! it SUCKED

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

For the same reason AAI 2 isn't being localized... handheld lawyer games court a niche audience

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm more excited for the Phoenix Wright anime adaptation than the new game.

You've reminded me about another bad thing that dual destinies did: The voice acting was terrible

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the voice acting in phoenix wright vs professor layton was really good so what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
all the layton games have really good voice acting though.

• Locked thread