Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I want to wipe all RPGs from memory and just start fresh with Skies of Arcadia

It's the most basic of basic turn-based RPGs but it blindsided me with how fun it was to discover and explore the different cultures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
The xcom remake is special to me since I played a ton of the original when I was a little boy but was never good at it, and I don't have the patience for it now, but the remake kept the spirit of the original alive without being too dumbed down

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
maybe something that loses a gotcha quality once youve played it like idk mgs2 or undertale or any other game that tricks and plays you

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ArfJason posted:

maybe something that loses a gotcha quality once youve played it like idk mgs2 or undertale or any other game that tricks and plays you

oh that's a good one. uhhhh i pick between by jason rohrer

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Actually, I pick the multiplayer for portal 2, so I can play it with more than one person.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

Actually, I pick the multiplayer for portal 2, so I can play it with more than one person.

Portal 2 multiplayer is the most fun coop I've ever played in a game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny when you are communicating with your friend and you say OK - I'll place the portal here and here, and when you jump we will complete the goal. And then place the portal in the incorrect location, killing him or her instantly. It's funnier when you do this 5000 times.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

It's funny when you are communicating with your friend and you say OK - I'll place the portal here and here, and when you jump we will complete the goal. And then place the portal in the incorrect location, killing him or her instantly. It's funnier when you do this 5000 times.

True.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I played the portal 2 co-op campaign with my brother, the week it came out, in 2011, and I was the one who figured out the puzzle where you have to shoot through portals at the same time and crash into each other. It was four years ago, and I still remember doing this - a true vivid gaming memory.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Portal 1 is definitively a game i could reexperience fresh a million times.

Also ive never done the p2 coop so someone should help me some day ty tia thx

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Portal 1 is definitively a game i could reexperience fresh a million times.

Also ive never done the p2 coop so someone should help me some day ty tia thx

ive never done it either ;)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the coop is really good i hope yall play it

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i also have not played the portal 2 coop

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

half life blue shift

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tumor looking batty posted:

half life blue shift

Both of the half life expansions are insanely fun. Opposing Force is my favorite because it added a bunch of crazy weapons.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

portal 2 coop with my step brother was a probably the most fun i had in portal

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I've also never played portal 2 coop, but I hope to play it sometime with your step brother.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Fredrik1 posted:

I've also never played portal 2 coop, but I hope to play it sometime with your step brother.

hes a great guy to play coop with. i hope you have fun

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

trying to jack off posted:

hes a great guy to play coop with. i hope you have fun

Thank you, you know I will!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

I played the portal 2 co-op campaign with my brother, the week it came out, in 2011, and I was the one who figured out the puzzle where you have to shoot through portals at the same time and crash into each other. It was four years ago, and I still remember doing this - a true vivid gaming memory.

An absolute classic level. They added a new set of chambers at some point a few months after launch. Have you ever played those?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was kinda disappointed because i was under the assumption they would keep making more but i guess not enough people bought hats for the portal robots

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

should we have dedicated map designers with the ability to conceptualize clever 2 player puzzles, or should we make dota 2? duhhhh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bet they made more money on the glados dota 2 announcer pack than on Portal 2.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if we get to April without any surprising announcements, Portal 2 will be five, and Valve won't have made a game in five years.

e: okay I didn't realise they developed Dota but that doesn't count

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

portal 2 had a thing where if you bought it on ps3, you could log into your steam account with a code included, and unlock the pc version for free. this was a big feature that gabe even was on sonys e3 stage about. the game launched right when that big psn accounts hack thing happened and psn was down for 2 months so you couldnt do it lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if we get to April without any surprising announcements, Portal 2 will be five, and Valve won't have made a game in five years.

e: okay I didn't realise they developed Dota but that doesn't count

cs:go as well

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I just want Valve to do something epic again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

I just want Valve to do something epic again.

paid mods are epic

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The only thing that can fix a valve... is a plumber. Is it time for Valve and Nintendo to team up?

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I'd like to play God Hand again

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

FactsAreUseless posted:

The only thing that can fix a valve... is a plumber. Is it time for Valve and Nintendo to team up?
Nintendo is now open enough for mobile, and Mario maker is a community driven thing, something that is totally valve poo poo, so let us hope

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

SoR Blaze posted:

I've been trying to find God Hand on disc. I know it's on psn but I like having hard copies of games if possible.

I never finished the portal 2 coop.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SoR Blaze posted:

so do it

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Alas. I no longer have a psdouble

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

SoR Blaze posted:

Alas. I no longer have a psdouble

Fix this. Best console library of all time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I have like 10 ps2's and I'd have offered you one if you were a regular. Everyone should have a ps2.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kazvall posted:

I have like 10 ps2's and I'd have offered you one if you were a regular. Everyone should have a ps2.

you should be posting in the giveaway thread

jedi knight 2 outcast would be another fun one to play fresh. i was into that game to the point where i was uploading bad SP maps to jk2files, being neo at the campaign and warping around is pretty fun though.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I no longer have a, um, psdouble either. Ahh... woe is me.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

rediscover posted:

I have one.

I have one but it's at my friend Rusty's house.

• Locked thread