Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I want to mod it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
poo poo. For context, I want to mod my PS2.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Then get a ps2 with the net adapter and slap an IDE HD in that bad boy so you can use hdloader.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PHAT > slim, in terms of modding

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I want to mod it.

Huh... I can only assume that by this, you mean you want to mod your rear end to take bigger dicks and cum loads.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ps2/xbox/gamecube generation is the only one ive never had a console for :troll:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Crap. Always check for new replies before posting, folks.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

ps2/xbox/gamecube generation is the only one ive never had a console for :troll:

ps2 is the clear winner there

net cafe scandal posted:

Huh... I can only assume that by this, you mean you want to mod your rear end to take bigger dicks and cum loads.

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

how it worked growing up and a console is out for a party

playstation2 = fighting games
xbox = halo
gamecbue = will wants to play smash brothers because its the only game hes good at and no one else knows how to play it

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Then get a ps2 with the net adapter and slap an IDE HD in that bad boy so you can use hdloader.

Thats what I meant except I've heard good things about using Free McBoot for it.

I have my orginal fat rear end PS2 I got when I was 14 or whatever.

A CRUNK BIRD fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 28, 2015

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
And I need a adapter and an old rear end crusty IDe drive...yuck! I wouldn't let that near my gaming rig.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I have one.

I bought one a few months ago (first time I owned one)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what happened to my GameCube. It's probably still in a box in my parents house somewhere. Guess I'll have to head upstairs to check one day :D

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive never had a ps2 lol

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

And I need a adapter and an old rear end crusty IDe drive...yuck! I wouldn't let that near my gaming rig.

Good luck not modding your console, then.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Kazvall posted:

Good luck not modding your console, then.

poo poo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Was going to say Metroid Prime, but decided on Morrowind. I think Prime loses less by you knowing everything about it. But to explore Vvardenfell as a freshfaced N'wah.... I will never again know such bliss.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

[b]Battletoads for NES.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

B-17 Bomber

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

final fantasy tactics
rez
um jammer lammy
sacrifice (that weird pc rts)
probably chrono trigger/cross
maybe xenogears but i might hate it in the modern era bc of the second disc
jet grind radio
skies of arcadia

its probably one of those

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Yeah probably Majora's Mask, when I played the 3DS version I found it sorta boring because I still remember where everything is and what every character does. Sorta sucks the charm out. It'd be cool to play again for the first time, especially with the Bomber's Notepad in the 3DS version.

Is there a game that makes me care about the characters?
Does Undertale do this? Is there a Dragon Quest for this?

woofbro fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 29, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

woofbro posted:

Yeah probably Majora's Mask, when I played the 3DS version I found it sorta boring because I still remember where everything is and what every character does. Sorta sucks the charm out. It'd be cool to play again for the first time, especially with the Bomber's Notepad in the 3DS version.

Is there a game that makes me care about the characters? Does Undertale do this?

try dragon age 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[AVGN voice] B Scheventeen Booooomber

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The arkham games, but I have some weed as well.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

While high and doing that stoned laugh whilst trying to talk: I'm batman. Hahaha. I'm loving batman dude. *also there is no dude, I'm alone*

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I was at my friends house and he was showing me the opening of last of us because he thought it was so cool and he was saying "man I wish I could play this fresh again" while I was trying to be super polite about how clichéd and lovely I thought it was.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I bought Baldur's Gate 2 on steam and put it in my favorites, should I ever suffer memory loss I know what to replay first...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

If I could temporarily erase every post-1998 gaming memory... Ocarina. I don't think it would feel the same to just experience Ocarina fresh after playing so many other games since then.

If I could not only erase my memory, but also go back to a time... World of Warcraft. Playing that at launch with my buddies as college freshmen with literally no responsibilities and we could stay up playing till dawn was incredible.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Tender Bender posted:

If I could temporarily erase every post-1998 gaming memory... Ocarina. I don't think it would feel the same to just experience Ocarina fresh after playing so many other games since then.

If I could not only erase my memory, but also go back to a time... World of Warcraft. Playing that at launch with my buddies as college freshmen with literally no responsibilities and we could stay up playing till dawn was incredible.

What about homework ?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I was at my friends house and he was showing me the opening of last of us because he thought it was so cool and he was saying "man I wish I could play this fresh again" while I was trying to be super polite about how clichéd and lovely I thought it was.

i had this same experience with my brother

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*watching the okay gameplay* so uh...i take it youve never played resident evil 4?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This happened to me but my friend was in a swimming segment in I think a bus station.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did the reverse and showed my friend the opening mission in MGSV and spent 5 minutes zooming in on Ishamel's butthole why lolling

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

many good answers ITT.

I'd choose Sleeping Dogs, surprisingly. Had a fantastic group of friends that routinely got together to play it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rhycool posted:

many good answers ITT.

I'd choose Sleeping Dogs, surprisingly. Had a fantastic group of friends that routinely got together to play it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

That's an odd choice but I respect it, Sleeping Dogs is really cool.

rediscover posted:

What about homework ?

Freshman year gen ed courses, man.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 29, 2015

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lonos Oboe posted:

Also a ton of adventure games like The Dig, Monkey Island or The Walking Dead. It's never the same on a replay.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is my pick, as long as I get the original memories back afterwards.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
maybe the Wonderful 101

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rhycool posted:

many good answers ITT.

this is also my choice, sleeping dogs is great and I replay it now and then

dekciw
Oct 29, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

Similar time, but had the same experience with Lineage 2 at release, a good MMO, some friends to play with and way too much free time in college are a great mix.

Otherwise, probably the original Final Fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Dragons dogma was cool and good to go into knowing nothing about. What a bizarre atmosphere

• Locked thread