Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Kazvall posted:

Jade Cocoon is nice because once you beat it there is an infinite difficulty dungeon that gets harder every time you load, and has some cool monster combos you wouldn't normally see.
my love that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

you give up too easily...finish those games!

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

Evil Eagle posted:

you give up to easily...finish those games!

he also hasnt even touched ff5 :holy:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

starbarry clock posted:

he also hasnt even touched ff5 :holy:

The only copy I have access to is the iOS version and it sucks rear end! I should dig into it

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I never beat FTL, I got to the last boss several times but no dice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

you give up too easily...finish those games!

It's only FF games haha. Everything else I finish (banged my head against DQVI boss and spent forever retooling jobs to make it possible) but for FF I reach the end and go eh.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
second choice would be never unlocking lulu's final weapon.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

starbarry clock posted:

my love that game

the "people" that live in the forest tickle me in a special way

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I want to become the world's greatest Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player, but I'm not quite there yet. It's a long road to the top.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

In Training posted:

The only copy I have access to is the iOS version and it sucks rear end! I should dig into it

do you not own a gba/ds? otherwise there are several LEGAL DOWNLOADS on the internet that you could get

Kazvall posted:

Nice to know I'm not the only one.

the "people" that live in the forest tickle me in a special way

its been a long time i need to replay it soon but goddamn i loved mixing the monsters that was the first game i had seen it in and it blew my mind
eternal eyes is also good for that reason but its a sjrpg

starbarry clock fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 23, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
not finishing a jrpg and being a stuck with a save way too far in to jump back into. ohhh i know that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I took a full year break from Strange Journey near the end of sector H and finished it on the same save. finish your jrpgs.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

elf help book posted:

not finishing a jrpg and being a stuck with a save way too far in to jump back into. ohhh i know that

taking a break in every ps2 persona game and having to remember what to do after coming back is like living memento.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao how is this even possible. the game like forces you to level up an ally once or twice and even gives you an item for leveling them up again

yeah i guess i didn't read and thought that each character gets like a +1 and never tried leveling them beyond that. i was a lot more drunk and high 10 years ago

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive been repressing this one but my ultimate gaming white whale is john woo's stranglehold.

i got drunk once and purchased the windows PC version for seven dollars on amazon or something, and now it's sitting on my wii u still sealed in plastic, as a reminder to not do stupid poo poo like that when im drunk

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

klapman posted:

drakengard 3 final boss

e: i swear to loving god im going to beat it someday, I try once every two months and get significantly farther each time

This. I want to 100% this game but can't because that damned boss.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
My first time playing baten kaitos eternal wings and the lost ocean I got my save file to a part where you couldn't grind and there was a stupid hard boss fight so I got frustrated and stopped.

Then when I started again I had made it to the final dungeon and the memory card I used corrupted and I lost the save.

Now I have a file that I got about a quarter way through on that I don't have motivation to play ever

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

a monument to all your sins

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well someone beat my world record time in a NES Remix stage a couple months ago and it's by enough tenths of seconds that I don't think my hands could take being that sore again so it's probably that, OP. It's a DK Jr stage where to be really fast at it you have to press up then left/right on the D-pad every alternating frame to cross vines and it's just physically taxing. Maybe someday but I doubt it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Well someone beat my world record time in a NES Remix stage a couple months ago and it's by enough tenths of seconds that I don't think my hands could take being that sore again so it's probably that, OP. It's a DK Jr stage where to be really fast at it you have to press up then left/right on the D-pad every alternating frame to cross vines and it's just physically taxing. Maybe someday but I doubt it.

I remember the thread about this. Stay strong

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got halfway through king's field: ancient city, realized i missed the trigger for an important sidequest and would have to backtrack like 2 hours, gave up. i lost my PS2 in a move, and the emulation for that game is hosed, so i'll prob. never beat it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i got halfway through king's field: ancient city, realized i missed the trigger for an important sidequest and would have to backtrack like 2 hours, gave up. i lost my PS2 in a move, and the emulation for that game is hosed, so i'll prob. never beat it.

loving's Field.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

I remember the thread about this. Stay strong

It took the guy 8 months to do it and he's an absolute nutcase about the Donkey Kong and Zelda games on there and on all but that stage he had the best times by pretty wild amounts so I'm not too salty about it. Maybe if I was as much of a lunatic as him about being the best at those ones I'd be more pissed off but alas.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've never finished a Paradox game campaign.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

In Training posted:

those gaming achievements that come so close and then slip away...mine is that I've reached Kefka's castle three different times through three different FFVI playthroughs but I've never actually beaten Kefka, because I don't like having to use all the characters in the last dungeon.

15 runes.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

loving's Field.

Fred Fuchs?

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
Finding a game that I'm able to play indefinitely without growing bored and that I don't feel depressed when I play it

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
never gotten a Paradox historical mapgame to the end date. i've made superpowers before but there always comes a point where the game's gotten too easy and boring so I start a new one

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I never completed a 100% run of Tomba 2. That loving minecart challenge has thwarted me on two separate occasions.

I have to beat this 100% before they get around to making Tomba 3 guys.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

reignofevil posted:

I never completed a 100% run of Tomba 2. That loving minecart challenge has thwarted me on two separate occasions.

I have to beat this 100% before they get around to making Tomba 3 guys.

The key to the last seed of strength is to tilt the cart with the curve, so you are able to build up the momentum to slam the cart hard right enough to reach the seed.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
i saved toward the end of the first kingdom hearts and didn't play for a few days, and when i turned it back on i was all confused and just decided i'd come back to it a little later bc i wasn't in an exploring mood.

except i had rented the game, never turned it back on before taking it back, and never finished it.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
kingdom hearts, platinum match

see also: kingdom hearts hd, platinum match

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

The sleeper temple with the million elite orcs in gothic

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
My life started to fall apart around the same time I bought Super Mario Sunshine. I will never be able to consider myself fully recovered until I beat it. Holding a full-time job for months straight has made that very hard, though.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Wulfolme posted:

My life started to fall apart around the same time I bought Super Mario Sunshine. I will never be able to consider myself fully recovered until I beat it. Holding a full-time job for months straight has made that very hard, though.

Video game healing is good healing; good luck man, you'll get those shines.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
SLASO

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My crawl one is going in a ziggurat. To afraid to lose my 15 runes every time.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Evil Eagle posted:

My crawl one is going in a ziggurat. To afraid to lose my 15 runes every time.

Mine is playing it at all since the last tourney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Defiled watchdog in bloodborne. I'm so close to plat but before mgs5 I tried him at least a hundred times and I can't ever make it past the last 20% or so. Tons of people have done it so it's obviously not impossible but I have beaten every other souls boss ever and this one just feels insurmountable to me

• Locked thread