Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

reignofevil posted:

Mega Man Legends.

I accidentally stumbled into the final bossroom with only my stupid vacuum arm. Upon finding out the final boss had a more ultimate second form it was time to return the rental anyway.

i played this on an emulator. none of the explosions would render so i had to guess when tronne was doing her ground attacks based on how the robot posed and during the juno fight an error message would pop up every time he did his energy ball move that i could never see. i had to close the window and then dodge the invisible attack a second later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess a pseudo white whale is beating Gunstar Heroes 3D but I haven't really tried more than once or twice.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ok i beat sanctuary in cave story.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Action Tortoise posted:

i played this on an emulator. none of the explosions would render so i had to guess when tronne was doing her ground attacks based on how the robot posed and during the juno fight an error message would pop up every time he did his energy ball move that i could never see. i had to close the window and then dodge the invisible attack a second later.

Worked On My Machine.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

No Such Thing posted:

Oh poo poo, I never did this either. This may be my oldest Gaming White Whale.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I've had this problem several times now
This is why games frontload their best content.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I just remembered my huge one is I've never hit a level cap in any MMO I've ever played.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Oh I just remembered my huge one is I've never hit a level cap in any MMO I've ever played.

You should be proud of that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I like leveling in WoW. But I never got to the cap.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Wormskull posted:

i got five levels away in ffxi

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
EU4 Gothic invasion achievement

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

zen death robot posted:

I've had this problem several times now
Ocarina is the one 3D Zelda I haven’t beaten apparently from the DS ones. This shames me mostly because it makes me feel like a huge hipster and it’s objectively way less boring than Twilight Princess, but I just keep losing interest halfway through.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i got five levels away in ffxi

I played a month of xiv and kinda liked it but that was the last MMO I played. I didn't hit level cap

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Dungeon crawl is another. I can't beat that game ever!! Hell, even save scumming I could only get a few easy runes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ocarina is the one 3D Zelda I haven’t beaten apparently from the DS ones. This shames me mostly because it makes me feel like a huge hipster and it’s objectively way less boring than Twilight Princess, but I just keep losing interest halfway through.

the back half is better

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I played a month of xiv and kinda liked it but that was the last MMO I played. I didn't hit level cap

i played xiv for about a week, three days in the old version and three days in the new version

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Average Bear posted:

Dungeon crawl is another. I can't beat that game ever!! Hell, even save scumming I could only get a few easy runes

I played dcss and died like 40 times and only once I was able to go down beyond 4 or 5 levels, and it was only because I was using some OP fire magic that they removed (for being OP).

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Maybe it’s just me but for all people talk about how good Stone Soup is it doesn’t really feel particularly out of the ordinary or remarkable compared to, say, TOME. Maybe I need to play it more though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Leveling is the best part of mmo's so tapping out before the endgame is more like dodging a bullet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's the two that are haunting me:

- Last level of Super Mario 3D World
- Bloodborne platinum

When the BB DLC comes out I assume there will be more trophies so I I'll use that time to finish the drat chalice dungeons

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Here's the two that are haunting me:

- Last level of Super Mario 3D World

Use Cat Peach if you're not already.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aston posted:

Dont you get a double hover? Lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Just a single hover but that combined with the pounce jump makes the blinking blocks a lot more forgiving.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Never give up.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Average Bear posted:

The game is getting harder and harder it seems. I've done 15 rune games 3 times but I haven't won since .14.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Crawl isn't easy but it's very beatable if you take your time.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It's kind of weird because it's mostly pretty easy going with sudden spikes of extreme difficulty.

Dec 26, 2012

im not that great at crawl and haven't beat it but mostly because i get bored and inattentive

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I still need to get all of the costumes in Hyrule Warriors.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
not a skill thing just a random drop but i've never gotten the sword of kings in earthbound. last play through I grinded in stonehenge until my party was well past end game levels and nothing.

also never beat hell in any iteration of cave story because its hard and by the time i get there i don't want to play it any more

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014
i came close to getting all the pictures in Harvest Moon 64 but hosed up the New Years one i believe. i"m hoping Nintendo puts it on the VC

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

I've never beaten the ancient cave in Lufia 2 :(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've never beaten it without hacks, though it's still pretty hard.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
My wallet, OP.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

No Such Thing posted:

I'm proud of you :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Aston posted:

Cat Peach and Rosalina would make it way easier but I wanna be a champion with my man Luigi. He got me through the rest of the game, I can't ditch him now

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Anyway my actual gaming white whale is probably Material Girl on Hard Rock. I just can't stand that song or playing it and have resigned myself to never seeing Jumpin' Jack Flash's true form

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

Cat Peach and Rosalina would make it way easier but I wanna be a champion with my man Luigi. He got me through the rest of the game, I can't ditch him now
Rosalina can be unlocked in 3-D World?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Rosalina can be unlocked in 3-D World?

The real 3D World starts in world Star-2!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Looper posted:

The real 3D World starts in world Star-2!!
I've only done the first bonus level so far. I have too many games to play.

• Locked thread