Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Pumprag posted:

The sleeper temple with the million elite orcs in gothic

stay strong, and finish the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo that reminds me, I've done everything in Super Mario 3D World except for that last level, because it made me frustrated. I need to beat that.

that last level is so far and above everything else in the game it's ridiculous lol i still havent beaten it

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My new white whale is the SF5 beta isn't letting me play by myself in training mode for 5 minutes so I can figure out the buttons for R. Mika.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Beating Dark Souls 2 without playing a cleric, hexer, or sorcerer. I suck at the game

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I never beat Demon's Souls. Couldn't get past the dragon that's right before the final boss.

someday, I will do it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Kingdom Hearts. Failed about 50 times on the riku fight after malifecent, and then some Maoris broke into my house and stole all my games and ps2 and one of my GameCube controls. One day I'll put a crew together and do a simulplay.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

My new white whale is the SF5 beta isn't letting me play by myself in training mode for 5 minutes so I can figure out the buttons for R. Mika.

off topic but i sent you a pm

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Kingdom Hearts. Failed about 50 times on the riku fight after malifecent, and then some Maoris broke into my house and stole all my games and ps2 and one of my GameCube controls. One day I'll put a crew together and do a simulplay.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I replied to the PM.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I replied to the PM.

:) ty dude

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe this time I'll actually complete Witcher and not just get bored halfway through the swamp.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unguided posted:

Maybe this time I'll actually complete Witcher and not just get bored halfway through the swamp.

Don't bother mate.

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
The day i unlock the Handcannon in RE4 is the day i can rest easy for once

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Unguided posted:

skip it. go to 2 if you wanna do most of the series.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Funkchop posted:

The day i unlock the Handcannon in RE4 is the day i can rest easy for once

This was probably the first game that I did something like that in.

Dec 26, 2012

Unguided posted:

do it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Witcher 1 is pure rear end.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pewdiepie posted:

Witcher 1 is pure rear end.

Nice to meet you..... Witcher 1! :twisted:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
On the first Rayman game I could never find all the cages so I never got to fight the final boss, my runs always ended with that rear end in a top hat scorpion. Years later when gamefaqs became a thing I wanted to try again but couldn't get the game to run on my PC.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 24, 2015

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

The White Whale from Endless Ocean for Wii, I lost my game disc before i could finish the game.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEsDTv676U

someday... someday, monkey balls, you will be mine

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Working on Witcher 2 now. Trying to get a handle on actual combat as opposed to the point & click adventure that was game 1's combat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a platinum trophy for NIER, which is loving awesome and took a lot out of me.

The white whale is that I don't have the energy to ever try that hard for platinum ever again.

edify
Sep 14, 2014
I only needed one trophy for the platinum for Dead Island on PS3, the one you get for completing the first section with all four characters. Turns out the trophy was just bugged for me but I spent an entire evening speed running the first part of the game with each character multiple times, desperate to get it. I got so pissed off when it never ding'd I didn't even touch a console for about 3 months.

Another bugged (but not impossible) achievement that I gave up on getting was Dignity for the Dead in Killing Floor, all you have to do is kill ten enemies that are feeding on teammates corpses. It's supposed to be an easy, low tier achievement but the way the feeding animation is interrupted, voiding the kill, means it's pretty much up to luck how quickly you get it. I did get this achievement accidentally though about 2 weeks ago after three years and 680 hours played.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh poo poo that reminds me, I've done everything in Super Mario 3D World except for that last level, because it made me frustrated. I need to beat that.

I barely even attempted the last level or the last little challenge hut because I was, and continue to be, sure they'd be more frustrating than ever. Three stars on the nighttime Piranha Creeper level was enough for me :sweatdrop:

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Unguided posted:

Working on Witcher 2 now. Trying to get a handle on actual combat as opposed to the point & click adventure that was game 1's combat.

level up aard. it's really good at stunlocking enemies while you hack away at them.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Ralp posted:

I barely even attempted the last level or the last little challenge hut because I was, and continue to be, sure they'd be more frustrating than ever. Three stars on the nighttime Piranha Creeper level was enough for me :sweatdrop:

I'm going to take a run at this tonight I think

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Evil Eagle posted:

I missed a single treasure chest in my attempt to get Vyse the Legend in Skies of Arcadia: Legends. That was soul shattering and I haven't been able to attempt it since, because the game is hard as hell to emulate and I no longer have a gamecube or wii.

Same. Too bad it's a 50 hour RPG, or I'd give it another shot. Maybe someday...

Also, 102% in DKC2.

MiF
Nov 29, 2004

god hand on hard. hard, but no longer necessarily fair.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This thread made me crawl back to Spelunky and its making me genuinely angry at video games. It's also my own fault when I die 99% of the time which is making me even angrier

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

MiF posted:

god hand on hard. hard, but no longer necessarily fair.

It's still fair. Definitely hard as hell but the extra cash from being on level DIE the whole game balances it out a bit. I think you can catch this whale.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
Ive never beaten a shmup without continues

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

This is going to date me a bit but the goddamn microscope puzzle in the 7th guest:

I had a big glossy strategy guide for this game as a kid and even it was basically like: ":shrug: just use cheats to bypass it dude"

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

In Training posted:

FF1: beat
FF2: died on final boss, still have save on GBA cart
FF3: died on final boss, still have save on DS cart
FF4: died on final boss, still have save on GBA cart
FF6: died on final boss, still have saves on GBA cart and Vita
FF7: beat
FF8: died on final boss, still have save on Vita
FF9: beat
FFX: beat
FFX-2: beat
FFXIII: beat three times
FFXIII-2: died on final boss, still have save on PS3
FFLR: died on final boss, still have save on PS3

the cry of the noob echos from page 1

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

I've actually never finished any final fantasy, including the spinoffs. I'm a real shmuck!! I want to make beating the series my pet project and I almost made a thread to ask which games are a must play.

coincidentally, my current white whale is 100% on phantom pain.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I guess beating everything on monhun freedom unite by myself could be considered my white whale of sorts but I'm not dead set on doing that. The stuff I obsessively wanted to do I ended up doing, like finishing the last level on cave story or beating the monster hunter quest on mhfu (took me years lol)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I dreamed about Spelunky last night. It taunted me. I beat Cave Story Hell with like 12 hours' total playtime, surely this isn't harder than that? I'm going to go insane.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I dreamed about Spelunky last night. It taunted me. I beat Cave Story Hell with like 12 hours' total playtime, surely this isn't harder than that? I'm going to go insane.
Play slower. Be more aggressive about throwing things ahead of you. Use bombs and ropes to avoid risky situations. You don't need money but you do need items, so shop whenever you can.

Where is it that you keep dying?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Gordito posted:

Mine is a mix up between finishing a game of Crusader Kings 2 or making a non-shitpost in this sub-forum.

more or less this but actually starting a game of crusader kings 2 that isn't the tutorial

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Aston posted:

I'm going to take a run at this tonight I think

Update: I beat Champion's Road. Got to 19 stars on the mystery house, that might take a bit longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
One day I will defeat the Nuclear Throne.

• Locked thread