Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Saw this tonight. It's a mixed bag for me. Some of the action was really fun and it had a few set pieces that were classic "Bond does some ridiculously suicidal poo poo but it looks cool" without it being a farce. I think the tone was just right and it felt more like a Bond movie than any of the other Craig ones.

It's way longer than it should be though. It really started to drag towards the end and I could feel people in the audience getting a little impatient.

The ending was a mess. I only read about the Sony leak thing catching up with this thread tonight but boy could you feel it. It felt almost...BBC1-ish at times. And how many countdowns do you want? All this stuff just happens so fast in a movie that is already overstaying its welcome.

I felt it relied on M and Moneypenny a bit too much. The whole surveillance part of the plot was a bit too on the nose without every making any kind of statement on the issue. The movie says it's bad but there is never really a discussion about the moral implications. It's bad because MI6 get poo poo done.

The last two movies have featured M a lot. How about doing a Bond movie where he goes after some guys who have nothing to do with his backstory?.

8raz fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread