Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Can't wait to find out where the niners stand on the fraudulence scale

People have to think you're going to be good before you can be exposed as fraudulent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Matt Maiocco reported after the game that "something big is going to happen" after the 49ers loss. Didn't elaborate.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

warcrimes posted:

Matt Maiocco reported after the game that "something big is going to happen" after the 49ers loss. Didn't elaborate.

The accumulated filth of all the 49ers incompetence and turnovers will foam up about their waists and all the coaches and fans will look up to Blaine Gabbert and shout "Save us!"... and he'll look down and whisper "WHOAH THERE MOTHERFUCKER!"

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

warcrimes posted:

Gotta be some kind of trade. There's no point in firing anybody now, the season was a foregone conclusion basically as soon as they got pasted by the Steelers and Cards in back to back weeks.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

warcrimes posted:

Given York's Yorkness I can see this going a few different ways.

I have Some Reactions ready

Of course this could be a bunch of hot air but whatever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grozz Nuy posted:

Gotta be some kind of trade. There's no point in firing anybody now, the season was a foregone conclusion basically as soon as they got pasted by the Steelers and Cards in back to back weeks.

There's been smoke about Vernon Davis trade proposals. Can't imagine any team that would want 2015 Vernon who's a free agent in the spring, but whatever.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Benne posted:

There's been smoke about Vernon Davis trade proposals. Can't imagine any team that would want 2015 Vernon who's a free agent in the spring, but whatever.

I don't see how that's "something big" though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

warcrimes posted:

Jed York stands up and in a showy display says to hold him accountable again and then runs off to his juice box and Scrooge McDuck money room.

He then mutually parts ways with reality.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I don't see how that's "something big" though

Eh, big in name at least. Longtime 49er who's always had huge potential but never really put it together outside of one-year bursts. I could see a fringe contender talking themselves into him for a half-season rental.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I bet Mangini is getting fired

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you trade the 49ers anything for Davis in TYOOL 2015 you're dumb.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Spoeank posted:

He then mutually parts ways with reality.

This happened months ago, though

Spoeank posted:

If you trade the 49ers anything for Davis in TYOOL 2015 you're dumb.

Doesn't mean someone won't do it

Ross Angeles posted:

Again, why? What good would changing the DC midseason do? I would not be opposed to them cleaning out the entire coaching staff tbh, but that would be a move for the offseason.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 23, 2015

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Andy Reid pulls off his cloak and unviels that he sent 2 2nd round picks for Kaepernick.

I mean gently caress it has never worked (except for a brief minute of Montana), so gotta keep trading with SF for bad QB's till it works.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Alex Smith is traded to the Eagles and dinks and dunks himself to the Super Bowl.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I agree though. Why would a demonstrably petty, disinterested, and self-destructive ownership do something nonsensical like firing a coordinator, and why wouldn't another front office do something nonsensical like trading for Vernon Davis?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Cavauro posted:

I agree though. Why would a demonstrably petty, disinterested, and self-destructive ownership do something nonsensical like firing a coordinator, and why wouldn't another front office do something nonsensical like trading for Vernon Davis?

Is that.... Is that Dan Snyder's music??????

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

BrownThunder posted:

Is that.... Is that Dan Snyder's music??????

nah jordan reed was cleared from the concussion protocol so he's good for another 2 or 3 weeks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Give the Panthers Anquan :getin:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ah...that was beautiful. The Seahawks may be garbage, but that simply means a return to my oldest and truest friend in sports:

Schadenfreude. You warm the cockles of my cold, black heart. Perhaps, as in the NBA, it will be all I have left. But it's enough.

warcrimes posted:

Maybe something like this? Just set everything up on the 50 yard line. http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=52

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

FizFashizzle posted:

Would you also like a Geep Chryst?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Would you also like a Geep Chryst?

Former Panthers assistant.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bad Moon posted:

Alex Smith is traded to the Eagles and dinks and dunks himself to the Super Bowl.

Reminder that Alex Smith should literally be a Super Bowl champion but Eli Manning is the luckiest man alive and also Guns Hochuli doesn't know what a fumble looks like

corsair
Jan 10, 2001

Febreeze posted:

That game sucked

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm actually okay with this

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Seahawks can 9nly beat real bad teams it seems like.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Eagles trade buttfumble for Kaep plus a second, also Jed declares himself king of dust mites.

As expected 49ers are a trash fire being hauled on a forklift that is on fire, to be dumped into a burning dumpster, all on a conveyor belt leading to an incinerator that is built on an asteroid hurtling toward the sun.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
If the Niners have any good o-linemen we'll take them for like a fourth

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
In the 2nd half, the Seattle offense had 5 out of 6 drives go over 2 minutes. The Seattle defense didn't blow a huge lead in the 4th.

Wonder if there is a connection :iiam:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

In the 2nd half, the Seattle offense had 5 out of 6 drives go over 2 minutes. The Seattle defense didn't blow a huge lead in the 4th.

Wonder if there is a connection :iiam:

The connection is that the Seahawks finally played a team that is worse than they are.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Still can't decide if Seattle's offense is any better than San Fran's. Yes, they scored more points but lol that they only scored 20 on that wretched defense

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It's nice that the entire division is either poo poo or one hit to the biggest liability in the NFL away from being poo poo. gently caress you Carson m

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ross Angeles posted:

That wasn't really his fault... Their QB belongs nowhere near an NFL field. That was pathetic.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The worst part about Kaep's performance was Phil Simms stammering out praise for him and defending his honor against the booing fans. At one point right before the half, Simms was bemoaning the line protection and how the receivers weren't getting open for any passes. Jim Nantz then reminded him that on the play that had just happened, Kaepernick had plenty of time and overthrew a wide open receiver. Simms proceeded to mutter something about only quarterbacks know how hard it is to succeed in this league.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I think that was the one where he whipped it to one side of the field, then goes to the receiver on the other end being covered by Sherman then goes... oh, Sherman fell down, i didn't see that originally.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mcmagic posted:

That wasn't really his fault... Their QB belongs nowhere near an NFL field. That was pathetic.

Obviously, but Jed York.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Havoc904 posted:

The worst part about Kaep's performance was Phil Simms stammering out praise for him and defending his honor against the booing fans. At one point right before the half, Simms was bemoaning the line protection and how the receivers weren't getting open for any passes. Jim Nantz then reminded him that on the play that had just happened, Kaepernick had plenty of time and overthrew a wide open receiver. Simms proceeded to mutter something about only quarterbacks know how hard it is to succeed in this league.

I hope you're excited for the same poo poo as they're also the Superbowl announcing team then!!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Simms doesn't like watching QBs struggle, I can get that. And from what I've seen of the games he's called this season he's been more willing to call out bad ref decisions when he sees them. I give Simms a passing grade this year so far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Simms doesn't like watching QBs struggle, I can get that. And from what I've seen of the games he's called this season he's been more willing to call out bad ref decisions when he sees them. I give Simms a passing grade this year so far.

I give the Mute button on my remote an A+.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Phil Simms is awful. He has nothing insightful to say and is ruining Jim Nantz. The best part of that pairing is when Nantz gets sick of Simms and calls him on his bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Simms has always been horrible and this year it seems like he has had early-onset dementia. I can't remember many specific examples, but there have been so many times when he's babbled about a crazy aside, said something that makes no sense, or seemed totally oblivious to what actually occurred on the field. Like, from last night:

https://vine.co/v/eVJHJu3vVJP

• Locked thread