Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

fsif posted:

Simms has always been horrible and this year it seems like he has had early-onset dementia. I can't remember many specific examples, but there have been so many times when he's babbled about a crazy aside, said something that makes no sense, or seemed totally oblivious to what actually occurred on the field. Like, from last night:

https://vine.co/v/eVJHJu3vVJP

I fail to see how these are negatives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Simms is being far the worst color guy on air. Just absolutely terrible, and his only redeeming quality is when he pisses off Nantz.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Thank you York

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Simms doesn't like watching QBs struggle, I can get that. And from what I've seen of the games he's called this season he's been more willing to call out bad ref decisions when he sees them. I give Simms a passing grade this year so far.

You should have heard Simms trip over himself to compliment Brandon Weeden against the Patriots. Not just in the early going but throughout the entire game Simms yammered on about his noble performance.

Weeden fuckin sucks dude

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Maggot Soup posted:

Thank you York

Scrote seems a tad deflated

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

fsif posted:

Simms has always been horrible and this year it seems like he has had early-onset dementia. I can't remember many specific examples, but there have been so many times when he's babbled about a crazy aside, said something that makes no sense, or seemed totally oblivious to what actually occurred on the field. Like, from last night:

https://vine.co/v/eVJHJu3vVJP

Or when they had that awkward conversation about massages. :wtf:

Someone should take simms out behind the woodshed and put him out of his misery. Also only let drunk people announce, and limit them to one sentence every minute so we mostly just hear crowd noise.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Kraken posted:

You should have heard Simms trip over himself to compliment Brandon Weeden against the Patriots. Not just in the early going but throughout the entire game Simms yammered on about his noble performance.

Weeden fuckin sucks dude

Oh Brandon Weeden will still be the starter next week!

*next week is bye*

*Matt Cassel named starter*

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
in the nfl network pre game yesterday there was some niner fan with a big foam ring hat with ALL DA RINGS on it and i laughed because i knew they would get crushed by a bad seahawks team

kiss the rings

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

effectual posted:

Also only let drunk people announce, and limit them to one sentence every minute so we mostly just hear crowd noise.

Drunk Joe Namath, new CBS color analyst

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Scrote seems a tad deflated

It was a leftover from the colts pats game...used to have Bradys name on it.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Maggot Soup posted:

Thank you York

Those dumdums bought tickets and own merch though, so he won

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I get that guys don't want to just gratuitously bash players because it's a really hard job but, in making excuses for Kaepernick, Simms (and every other commentator for a Niners game this season) bashes everyone around him. They don't want to say "Kaep sucks" so they say "everyone else sucks", and that's partially true (the whole team is very bad) but is also a very patronizing and annoying way to get out of saying something mean about one particular guy.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

The Kraken posted:

Weeden fuckin sucks dude

Again, none of this detracts from my viewing experience. In fact it often enhances it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Glad the Seahawks won, although I missed the game, which sucks. Ah, we won despite our o-lines best efforts :suicide:

Nov 6, 2002

Jed York's wiki page is about as passive aggressive as you can get without getting flagged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jed_York

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TubeStank posted:

The Seahawks can 9nly beat real bad teams it seems like.

The Packers have yet to play a team with a current winning record.

Nov 6, 2002

Bad Moon posted:

Crushing bad teams is more of an indicator of success than beating good teams.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

And they can lose all the ones they play this year and still probably wander into a playoff bye.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

NC-17 posted:

Crushing bad teams is more of an indicator of success than beating good teams.

Who.have they really crushed

Nov 6, 2002

They beat the Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks and Bears by two scores or more.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

the "hasn't played anyone with a winning record!!!!" argument is the loving stupidest thing you can say. it's been 6 weeks!!!! the loss to the team that supposedly hasn't played anyone is a large reason of why they dont have a winning record!!!!!!!!!! andy dalton!!!!!! if the seahawks guy is doing some "yeah well the seahawks arent actually that good" then double gently caress you!!!!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is TFF, we're not allowed to compliment good teams. Everybody is a poo poo clown fraud.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

NC-17 posted:

Jed York's wiki page is about as passive aggressive as you can get without getting flagged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jed_York

The amount of edits from December 27 - 31 of 2014 is hilarious.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the "hasn't played anyone with a winning record!!!!" argument is the loving stupidest thing you can say. it's been 6 weeks!!!! the loss to the team that supposedly hasn't played anyone is a large reason of why they dont have a winning record!!!!!!!!!! andy dalton!!!!!! if the seahawks guy is doing some "yeah well the seahawks arent actually that good" then double gently caress you!!!!

You sound very insecure...also why are do you care? Your team is undefeated, who cares who they beat.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

You sound very insecure...also why are do you care? Your team is undefeated, who cares who they beat.

i'm very insecure about that guy talking trash on the packers, it's true

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

They beat the Chiefs, 49ers, Rams, Seahawks and Bears by two scores or more.

The Bears game was a one score game, the Rams game was closer than that score indicated, and they should have been embarrassed to only score 17 against the 49ers at home

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I will say nice things without reservations about:

Patriots, Bengals, Packers, Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons, Steelers

I also think these two are pretty good, but with a critical flaw at QB that probably ends up boning them:

Broncos, Jets.

I think these otherwise eh teams are at least moving in the right direction this year:

Vikings, Titans, Raiders.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I would like to posit that all five of the undefeated teams are in fact Good, and every other team is Real Bad including my own. No teams are Decent But Fatally Flawed or Improving But Not There Yet - there is merely Good or Bad, and nothing in between.

Because that's basically the line we've drawn at this point and I doubt that's clearly defined either.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Packers have a bye then the Broncos and Panthers away in a row then four straight division games so fire up the "fraud" sirens everyone.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

I will say nice things without reservations about :

I also think these two are pretty good, but with a critical flaw at QB that probably ends up boning them:

Broncos, Jets.

I think these otherwise eh teams are at least moving in the right direction this year:

Kalli.... I thought we were bros.....

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kalli posted:

I will say nice things without reservations about :

Broncos, Jets.

I think there's a lot of other teams that aren't necessarily going to go deep into the playoffs but can give good teams a run for their money, Bills, Chargers, Seahawks, Cowboys once Romo comes back, hell even the Colts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

Kalli.... I thought we were bros.....

I love me some Philip Rivers, but I think the Chargers roster has a bunch of problems that are holding him back and find myself shaking my head in disappointment when their defense is on the field too often.

They're like a good version of the Saints

Nov 6, 2002

What the Chargers have done with Philip Rivers' career should be criminal.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ross said that the Chargers improved at literally every single position this year so I don't know what.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I think there's a lot of other teams that aren't necessarily going to go deep into the playoffs but can give good teams a run for their money, Bills, Chargers, Seahawks, Cowboys once Romo comes back, hell even the Colts

This is true! and I mean, every team I listed could be completely derailed by a single injury. I'm just saying, from what I've seen so far, that's what I'm willing to say without any yeah, buts.....

Like the Bills have a fearsome, if currently underutilized defense, and Tyrod Taylor is fun, and they have some pretty sweet offensive weapons. But those weapons are all injured right now, the defense isn't mauling people like a crazy Rex defense should and they commit a Rex Ryan amount of undisciplined penalties.

The Seahawks defense is still good, but that team is just way less fearsome this year because the offensive line has gone from sieve to burst dam, so their offensive continuity sucks.

The Cowboys just somehow need to stay afloat until Romo can come back, who can win some games and when Dez comes back they can hopefully squeeze out every victory to get into the playoffs and be a loving scary matchup. I just have to trust Matt Cassel to get them there...

The Colts are the luckier Cowboys. Luck is injured, but not as badly, and the rest of that division is mega-bad this year, so they probably get in by default, and as long as Luck gets healthy he can hero ball his way... kinda far.

Vikings also qualify here. They need Bridgewater to progress more then he has since his rookie year, but their defense isn't bad, and secondary is pretty solid, and they've got the offensive supporting cast that can do some things if he can progress from like Nick Foles to like Matthew Stafford this year.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ozu posted:

Ross said that the Chargers improved at literally every single position this year so I don't know what.

They didn't improve at RB. That's for sure.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

NC-17 posted:

What the Chargers have done with Philip Rivers' career should be criminal.

Well Browns would have just broken him so I would say the Chargers are just negligent, not criminal.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Where were we at Week 7 last year? Was Philip Rivers still an MVP candidate?

We know way more now than we knew Week 1, but it's unlikely that all of the obvious division and wildcard winners will keep their momentum until January. I know this because the Bills have had two separate 5–2 starts over the past several years and finished with records of 7–9 and 6–10.

I bet a fraud lives among us, is what I'm saying.

Nov 6, 2002

It's the Broncos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Anaranjado posted:

It's nice that the entire division is either poo poo or one hit to the biggest liability in the NFL away from being poo poo. gently caress you Carson m

Whoa buddy, what did Carson ever do to you to call him a bigger liability than Sam Bradford

• Locked thread