Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ozu posted:

Ross said that the Chargers improved at literally every single position this year so I don't know what.

On paper, they did.

QB didn't change obviously
RB going from Mathews to Gordon was supposed to be an upgrade
WR, going from Eddie Royal to Stevie Johnson was an upgrade
TE didn't change, but Green has stepped up.
OL, bringing in Joe Barksdale and Orlando Franklin were supposed to be upgrades from Jeromy Clary and Chad Rinehart.
DL didn't change
LB, getting Melvin Ingram and Jerry Attouchu were supposed to be upgrades from the corpses of Jarrett Johnson and Dwight Freeny.
CB, getting Verrett back was supposed to be an upgrade over Richard Marshall, and it has been.
Safety didn't change.
Kicker was a downgrade.

This team is weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Half of the playoff teams in 2012 had been .500 or worse through Week 6. Happens to at least one or two teams on a very regular basis. The NFL is good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

OSheaman posted:

Packers have a bye then the Broncos and Panthers away in a row then four straight division games so fire up the "fraud" sirens everyone.

i think the Packers will probably beat the Panthers this year, in the regular season and maybe the playoffs if they both make it and play each other

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Ross Angeles posted:

On paper, they did.

OL, bringing in Joe Barksdale and Orlando Franklin were supposed to be upgrades from Jeromy Clary and Chad Rinehart.
DL didn't change
LB, getting Melvin Ingram and Jerry Attouchu were supposed to be upgrades from the corpses of Jarrett Johnson and Dwight Freeny.
CB, getting Verrett back was supposed to be an upgrade over Richard Marshall, and it has been.
Safety didn't change.
Kicker was a downgrade.

This team is weird

Just let Rivers call the plays, gently caress the coaches and their shitass playbook. Chargers go 10-0 the rest of the season.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

On paper, they did.

DL didn't change
Safety didn't change.
Kicker was a downgrade.

This team is weird

I think you've overrated a few players and injuries haven't helped but with no running game this is barely a .500 team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

I think you've overrated a few players and injuries haven't helped but with no running game this is barely a .500 team.

Who am I overrating? If anything, the one player I'm underrating was Ryan Mathews but no one knew Gordon would look this bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

Just let Rivers call the plays, gently caress the coaches and their shitass playbook. Chargers go 10-0 the rest of the season.

Yes

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ross Angeles posted:

Who am I overrating?

Uh well Stevie Johnson has less catches than Eddie Royal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Uh well Stevie Johnson has less catches than Eddie Royal.
he's missed three games

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Manti Te'o appears to not be particularly good. Him and Butler are the amongst the 2 worst rated ILBs by PFF.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Manti Te'o appears to not be particularly good. Him and Butler are the amongst the 2 worst rated ILBs by PFF.

I really doubt Manti gets his starting job back. Butler will keep getting chances because of his contract, but I expect Perryman to be the starter going forward.

Nov 6, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

he's missed three games

So? He started one game and had 35 receptions last year. What were you expecting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

So, they upgraded on paper, like I said. I didn't know in August that he'd miss half the season six weeks in. If you don't think Johnson is an upgrade from Royal on paper, I dunno what to tell you

Nov 6, 2002

Stevie Johnson was certainly better 3-5 years ago, but he's fallen off a cliff since 2013.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Stevie Johnson was certainly better 3-5 years ago, but he's fallen off a cliff since 2013.

Kaepernick does bad things to a player

Nov 6, 2002

To a degree, but I think he's really been slowed down by injuries. He's just not the player he was.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NC-17 posted:

To a degree, but I think he's really been slowed down by injuries. He's just not the player he was.

Probably not, but I still think he's better than Royal. Royal had the anti-Stevie treatment. He came to San Diego and looked much better than he is because of Rivers

Nov 6, 2002

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2015/01/14/49ers-reportedly-pick-jim-tomsula-guy-jed-york-trent-baalke-pointed-year/

quote:

York indicated to people in the building as far back as last summer that he was pretty sure Tomsula could win more games than Harbaugh. I’ve heard, coincidentally, that Harbaugh got wind of that management sentiment and he and Tomsula barely spoke in the last several weeks of Harbaugh’s’ tenure here.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

fsif posted:

Where were we at Week 7 last year? Was Philip Rivers still an MVP candidate?

We know way more now than we knew Week 1, but it's unlikely that all of the obvious division and wildcard winners will keep their momentum until January. I know this because the Bills have had two separate 5–2 starts over the past several years and finished with records of 7–9 and 6–10.

I bet a fraud lives among us, is what I'm saying.

Jets
Steelers
Uhhh....
Uhhh....
Anyone
Minnesota....?
Falcons
Seahawks

Yeah except for the AFCS and AFCW I could see current division winners falling off., each are individually favored right now but all 8 holding on is such a low percentage bet. The Colts are terrible but who will beat them H2H in that division, and the Broncos have such a massive lead and great defense that stumbling to 10-6 would almost certainly be enough.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

kalensc posted:

Seahawks

Fraud in the reverse sense? I have a hard time seeing them as being actually worse than 3–4, heh.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

the "hasn't played anyone with a winning record!!!!" argument is the loving stupidest thing you can say. it's been 6 weeks!!!! the loss to the team that supposedly hasn't played anyone is a large reason of why they dont have a winning record!!!!!!!!!! andy dalton!!!!!! if the seahawks guy is doing some "yeah well the seahawks arent actually that good" then double gently caress you!!!!

Haha I wasn't making a serious criticism just thought it was funny. Packers fan was saying we hadn't beaten anybody good when neither had they.

Back to actual foosball talk. Goddamn are the Seahawks bipolar as hell. It's not even game to game but quarter to quarter. Like people joke about the Seafrauds but at times they look like dominant and then it's lie they get tired and forget they are playing a game. Frustrating as hell to watch. I guess that's a text book case of mediocre with potential of being good.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

All of the Seahawks losses except for the one in Green Bay were by less than one score and they've also played three undefeated teams.

Their schedule still looks a bit tricky going forward, but they'll probably still be playoff bound.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jed york is going to run the 49ers into the ground, which, coincidentally will be much easier with the condition of the ground at levis.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

Probably not, but I still think he's better than Royal. Royal had the anti-Stevie treatment. He came to San Diego and looked much better than he is because of Rivers

I remember it being a debate during the off-season, actually. There's absolutely no chance I'm going to go looking for it, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

In retrospect, I think that Max Zorin was actually the hero of A View to A Kill.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

shiksa posted:

jed york is going to run the 49ers into the ground, which, coincidentally will be much easier with the condition of the ground at levis.

He doesn't care, though. He has a hundred luxury boxes that cost $2m a year per that go straight into his pocket and are not subject to revenue sharing. Everything he's done was to reach that goal, now the team can rot, he has no reason to spend money to win.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 24, 2015

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
All I know is most of y'all thought the Bengals were gonna be bad in the offseason so y'all can eat my butt.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

All I know is most of y'all thought the Bengals were gonna be bad in the offseason so y'all can eat my butt.

I actually had them winning the division but I also had the Ravens as the WC team from the AFCN so what the gently caress do I know.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

The annoying, cheating, sanctimonious, goddamnit-why-are-they-so-good franchise of the 80s outsucks the annoying, mouthy, sanctimonious, goddamnit-why-are-they-so-good franchise of the '10s, both as they are in freefall.

How were you all not masturbating to this loving game

It was a really bad game dude.

what happened to your Paterno avatar

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Atticus Finch posted:

They are bad until they win a playoff game.

fsif posted:

All of the Seahawks losses except for the one in Green Bay were by less than one score and they've also played three undefeated teams.

Their schedule still looks a bit tricky going forward, but they'll probably still be playoff bound.

I'm expecting a wild-card slot at best, this season. Which is fine, they've a talented team with a massive, easily exploited weakness. Most teams would be tripping over their dicks offensively with our group of linemen.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

warcrimes posted:

He doesn't care, though. He has a hundred luxury boxes that cost $2m a year that go straight into his pocket and are not subject to revenue sharing. Everything he's done was to reach that goal, now the team can rot, he has no reason to spend money to win.

The Santa Clara Marlins.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jed was incredibly successful in his plan

Get team good > get suckers (like me) to buy into team being good > have suckers pay for stadium > Gut the team gently caress the team who cares gently caress you got mine Tay Swift and 1D concerts all day erry day whats a functional turf.

The loving stadium has had fifteen NFL games played in it and those morons don't care enough to get a usable field because they're constantly tearing it up for motocross rallies and concerts and corporate events

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ozu posted:

Aside from Philip Rivers, Te'o was the 2nd best player on either side of the ball in the Pittsburgh game. I couldn't believe it, but he was a one man wrecking crew for some reason? It's true

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Aside from Philip Rivers, Te'o was the 2nd best player on either side of the ball in the Pittsburgh game. I couldn't believe it, but he was a one man wrecking crew for some reason? It's true

Maybe his catfisher had ties to Pa.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Atticus Finch posted:

Hell, I thought they would be worse than they are by a pretty wide margin. The Bengals being this healthy seems impossible. This time last four or five seasons we had 8 guys either on IR or who were destined to get there eventually. I am still kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm coding a malicious and devastating burn in response to the previous post. Alright, it's done: The other shoe will drop in the NFL Playoffs where the Cincinnati Bengals will lose the first game they play. *one million 1999-era shock jock radio sound effects all fire at the same time*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

Lemme check Niners Nation and get back to you, friend

FYI Bad Moon it's been over 24 hours and I haven't seen a single 49ers fan blame the bitchass Lockette hit for the loss :boom:

We're all going full-on Eat the Rich mode and calling for Jed York's head.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Elephanthead posted:

Eagles trade buttfumble for Kaep plus a second, also Jed declares himself king of dust mites.

As expected 49ers are a trash fire being hauled on a forklift that is on fire, to be dumped into a burning dumpster, all on a conveyor belt leading to an incinerator that is built on an asteroid hurtling toward the sun.

I might just be sleep-deprived but lol'd hard at this

Our line is one of the worst in the last 30 years. The pure distilled rancid poo poo that is the Niners is truly something to behold. The deal with Satan has ended and the years of darkness are upon us. Alex Smith 2.0 here we come

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 24, 2015

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TheHoosier posted:

Our line is one of the worst in the last 30 years. The pure distilled rancid poo poo that is the Niners is truly something to behold. The deal with Satan has ended and the years of darkness are upon us. Alex Smith 2.0 here we come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheHoosier posted:

The highlight of the Niners season so far was Kaepernick unleashing the dragon into the ear of a dude on the sideline :allears:

I think that's a perfect metaphor of Colin Kaepernick. Throw a perfect spiral and perfectly find a guy who isn't even in the game.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 24, 2015

• Locked thread