Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
That game sucked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

GD_American posted:

The annoying, cheating, sanctimonious, goddamnit-why-are-they-so-good franchise of the 80s outsucks the annoying, mouthy, sanctimonious, goddamnit-why-are-they-so-good franchise of the '10s, both as they are in freefall.

How were you all not masturbating to this loving game

Because one of them had to win

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

gently caress a cowboy

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

"Well I wonder what the 4:00 game is today?"

Sees half a second of NYG vs DAL.

*Goes for a long walk.*

That is loving it. I am not watching another NFCE division game. Ever. I do not need to see EVERY GODDAMNED DALLAS GAME. They are unwatchable. The Giants are even worse. Never again.

The more the NFC gets important games, the fewer chances Andy Dalton gets in primetime, and the longer this train goes

worship us

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

poo poo on the NFCE all you want (it is deserved) but the AFCS is an abomination

The team that had like 35 points dropped on them in a little over a quarter, has a QB who can't catch the team plane, and who just lost their RB for the year is a game out of first

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

shiksa posted:

thought kirk cousins had a surprisingly good game considering there was basically no run support and he led a comeback from down 24-0? actually he was bad and stinky because he didn't huck it downfield on every down and a bad thing could have happened but didnt

yeah he wasnt really asked to do a whole lot, the three-headed runningback monster that basically won the game provided 35 of washington's total 355 total yards. not to mention kirk didn't take advantage of the redskins' deep threats in the passing game like

i know kirk isn't great, and the bucs defense has a special way of making quarterbacks look good, but lmao if your grading system gives that game a negative grade.

I'm pretty sure PFF gave Eli Manning a negative grade for his performance against the 49ers despite completing 41 passes for 441 yards and 3 TDs in one of the best performances of his career.

PFF is garbage

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Dutchy posted:

the idea of random guys with a website providing the world with quality, precise, empiricial measurements of individual ol/dl play is analytics snake oil

True, but they really were the only people really doing it so it was mildly valuable.

Plus, PFF's success made Aaron Schatz super jealous and that alone is worth it because seeing Schatz get pissy is the best

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 27, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Benne posted:

All 6 of the Ravens' losses have been by 8 points or less

Sorry about your drat luck, Ravens posters

The Ravens currently hold the #1 pick too.

haha

I think that happened with the Texans two years ago as well, they got the #1 pick but lost most games by a touchdown or less

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

2000- Ron Dayne - Yeah, didn't work as well as expected
2001- Will Allen - meh, eventually let him walk
2002- Jeremy Shockey - Good player, rear end in a top hat
2003- William Joseph - was on the SB42 team, had injury issues, overall alright
2004- Philip Rivers, never played a down for the team
2005- Corey Webster - rough start to career, eventually became pretty good, then injuries ended him
2006- Mathias Kiwanuka - great prospect, constantly asked to play out of position, ultimately was underwhelming but I blame the coaches
2007- Aaron Ross - won two super bowls, but largely disappointing
2008- Kenny Phillips - effective safety, injuries cut him short
2009- Hakeem Nicks - great until his legs died
2010- JPP - One and a half thumbs up
2011-Prince Amukamara - excellent corner
2012- David Wilson - died, misused by coaches
2013- Justin Pugh - good, not great
2014- Odell beckham Jr - worked out pretty well I guess
2015- Ereck Flowers - looks pretty good so far

Giants seem like they get a lot of quality picks who suffer injury problems and have very promising careers peter out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

His hand actually looks okay now.

High Fours for everyone

• Locked thread