Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Seahawks offensive line is so much worse then everyone else's that it's pretty funny and the 49ers gave up after the Seahawks scored the first time they touched the ball and then the two teams punted at each other 25 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you derive sexual pleasure from draws on 3rd and 26 then this is the game for you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Times Russell Wilson is sacked vs Average sacks in other games
6 Rams 3.25
2 Packers 4.2
4 Bears 1.4
6 Lions 1.4
4 Bengals 2.6
4 Panthers 1.8
5 49ers 1.5

So yeah, there's some stats for you. Average is 2.2 sacks per game by the way, so most of the teams Seattle is playing are bad at sacking the QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think that was the one where he whipped it to one side of the field, then goes to the receiver on the other end being covered by Sherman then goes... oh, Sherman fell down, i didn't see that originally.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

The Packers have yet to play a team with a current winning record.

And they can lose all the ones they play this year and still probably wander into a playoff bye.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I will say nice things without reservations about:

Patriots, Bengals, Packers, Cardinals, Panthers, Falcons, Steelers

I also think these two are pretty good, but with a critical flaw at QB that probably ends up boning them:

Broncos, Jets.

I think these otherwise eh teams are at least moving in the right direction this year:

Vikings, Titans, Raiders.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

Kalli.... I thought we were bros.....

I love me some Philip Rivers, but I think the Chargers roster has a bunch of problems that are holding him back and find myself shaking my head in disappointment when their defense is on the field too often.

They're like a good version of the Saints

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I think there's a lot of other teams that aren't necessarily going to go deep into the playoffs but can give good teams a run for their money, Bills, Chargers, Seahawks, Cowboys once Romo comes back, hell even the Colts

This is true! and I mean, every team I listed could be completely derailed by a single injury. I'm just saying, from what I've seen so far, that's what I'm willing to say without any yeah, buts.....

Like the Bills have a fearsome, if currently underutilized defense, and Tyrod Taylor is fun, and they have some pretty sweet offensive weapons. But those weapons are all injured right now, the defense isn't mauling people like a crazy Rex defense should and they commit a Rex Ryan amount of undisciplined penalties.

The Seahawks defense is still good, but that team is just way less fearsome this year because the offensive line has gone from sieve to burst dam, so their offensive continuity sucks.

The Cowboys just somehow need to stay afloat until Romo can come back, who can win some games and when Dez comes back they can hopefully squeeze out every victory to get into the playoffs and be a loving scary matchup. I just have to trust Matt Cassel to get them there...

The Colts are the luckier Cowboys. Luck is injured, but not as badly, and the rest of that division is mega-bad this year, so they probably get in by default, and as long as Luck gets healthy he can hero ball his way... kinda far.

Vikings also qualify here. They need Bridgewater to progress more then he has since his rookie year, but their defense isn't bad, and secondary is pretty solid, and they've got the offensive supporting cast that can do some things if he can progress from like Nick Foles to like Matthew Stafford this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady had a pretty drat amazing game. Jets played a great game, but injuries just drained them as the game progressed, and once the Pats stopped dropping passes, they were able to pull away.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Parlett316 posted:

Oh my God the Redskins won, the Bucs are the Bucs Hail to the Redskins

HTTR

How the gently caress

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GaussianCopula posted:

Looks like cutting Cassel was a very Rex move.

They traded him.

and he's not much of an upgrade to EJ.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady was the team's leading rusher with 15 yards

So that happened

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

From Jon Bois:

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/14F0...BbjLWa_uKWRLdUz

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

@MichaelDavSmith
The AFC South is a trainwreck. I just looked at all 4 teams' schedules. I think a 3-7 record will be good enough for first place in Week 11.

Colts 3-4
@Panthers
Broncos
<bye>
@Falcons

.... yep

Jaguars 2-5
<bye>
@Jets
@Ravens
Titans

maybe they go 1-2?

Texans 2-5
Titans
<bye>
@Bengals
Jets

They're like what? 50/50 to win 1 game?

Titans 1-5
@Texans
@Saints
Panthers
@Jaguars

Titans 2015 Road Warrior tour begins now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Weatherford apparently got the call to join the Jets right as his radio show was about to start, so rushed through the call so he could do the show.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rivers looked really off in the first half, and the Chargers have nothing else going on if Rivers isn't Rivers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

The Chargers are probably toast at this point. Currently 14th in the AFC and their line is all 2nd and 3rd stringers.

@RapSheet
Another #Chargers injury: Big money guard Orlando Franklin is believed to have injured his MCL, source said. MRI today to see how severe.

And their Offense is still wayyyy better then their defense.

I really thought they'd be a wild card team this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Possible, but the Ravens have been close in every game so you just have to presume they'll ruin that draft position with 4-5 wins somewhere.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seymour would've been at least close but Belichick threw him away to take advantage of poor Al's senility.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GaussianCopula posted:

It's really not that much of a loss because Bill is not that great of a drafter.

How is everything you say so wrong?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eh, what the hell

Patriots last 15 years:

2000 - Given to the Jets for Belichick
2001 - DE Richard Seymour. Was on a HoF Pace for awhile.
2002 - TE Daniel Graham. Mediocre, good blocker, lousy receiver
2003 - DE Ty Warren. 3rd best guy on his own line, good, albeit injury shortened career
2004 - DT Vince Wilfork and TE Ben Watson. Vince owns and Ben was a mediocre receiver and eh blocker.
2005 - G Logan Mankins - Made the pro bowl like every year
2006 - RB Lawrence Maroney - whoops
2007 - S Brandon Meriweather - whoops
2008 - LB Jerod Mayo - Pretty good, but injuries have derailed his career
2009 - traded down for a bunch of bleah.
2010 - CB/S Devin McCourty, a very good safety and a very bad cornerback in one package!
2011 - T Nate Solder - An average left tackle
2012 - DE Chandler Jones and LB Dont'a Hightower. thumbs up
2013 - traded down, ended up with Jamie Collins, so :cool:
2014 - DT Dominique Easley. Tore both his ACL's in college, drafted as a high ceiling pass rusher, was expected to red shirt last year and did, has played a little this year.
2015 - DT Malcolm Brown. An anonymous run stuffer so far.

No complaints.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grozz Nuy posted:

A career special teamer happening to be on a bunch of Super Bowl teams does not make him a Hall of Famer

What percentage of NFL fans do you think could even name who Matthew Slater is

The only way Slater makes the HoF is if he continues to get voted to pro bowls and all pros based on the only gunner anyone can even think of on winning teams, then spends the next fifteen years getting tongue bathed by sportswriters talking about the heyday of the Belichick Patriots (so every boston writer and a fair chunk of the national ones), and insane tall tales pop up about how good Slater. So basically, exactly like how Ray Guy got in.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There is a stupid amount of talent at the WR position in the league right now.

And if they all disappeared, Amendola still wouldn't be top 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's when you drink 17 beers then give yourself a concussion and bone fracture.

• Locked thread