Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kaep is awful. Holy god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ross Angeles posted:

Probably not, but I still think he's better than Royal. Royal had the anti-Stevie treatment. He came to San Diego and looked much better than he is because of Rivers

I remember it being a debate during the off-season, actually. There's absolutely no chance I'm going to go looking for it, though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Takes a special qb to overthrow not one but two screen passes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I understand the Texans are not a "good" team per se, but holy poo poo how bad of a coach was Philbin than just 3 weeks out his former team is doing this?

Croyle deserves a lot of blame but yeah Lazor let it slip that he was dictated that this was a heavy pass offense.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

BUT EMBARRASSING THE TITANS AND THE TEXANS DOES

AW YEAH BABY
HIGH FIVE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Admittedly I can understand why Dolphins fans would be very stoked to beat the Texans no matter how bad they are :colbert:

You guys had the crazy ability to just steal games and holy poo poo did you do it often to us

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

This lead seems Texans-Dolphins-bullshit -proof

I'm hoping for momentum going into the Patriots game so yeah I think it's important to keep the mentality that it's a game still

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

Amari Cooper might be good, y'all

e: lol how many raider goons were mad when we picked him instead of williams

Wow really? I said all draft process its not fair someone is getting Cooper. He's an automatic stud 1a receiver in an offense that features a strong #2 (at least someone that cant always be taken away by a corner alone)

Landry and Matthews looked great. Landry is on another level. He's emerged as one of the best playmakers in the NFL, not just a good slot receiver.

I really want to see more of Parker. He had a great deep catch while being interfered with

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ryan Tannehill: The NFL record holder for most passes completed in a row

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Daedra posted:

It's gonna suck when the Dolphins come back to earth when they play the Patriots because I don't want to see Buff coach sad.

Philbin led Dolphins have beaten the Patriots 2 times out of the last 3 they've played.

Who knows? I mean, likely not because this is a prime time game with New England and if anyone in the league can defeat our current defensive strategy of "Oh god rush the passer so they dont throw it to any one of the guys not named Grimes or Jones"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And they gave him how much? What a loving waste he is. Already at odds of the other superstar on the team, except Bryant has WAY more fan goodwill than Hardy.

Also: Lamar Miller

quote:

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 19m19 minutes ago

#Dolphins RB Lamar Miller is now averaging 5.99 yards per carry on the season and 5.50 yards per carry over his last 16 games.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NC-17 posted:

This character was last heard screaming off camera during gruesome death.

lol god you come off like such a puss

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

NC-17 posted:

Good lord man, you are just, so very awful at this. You take everything so seriously. Like we're fooling around in here, and you come in and go "LOL YOU ARE A PUSSY!"

This is what I expect from a man who has a head coach that covers up his soft rear end doughboy body. At least you get to see the true conductor of the pain train on thursday. Free your mind and join the movement

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

"it's cool to let nolan carroll leave" -miami dolphins who are starting a butt-turd at corner

Yeah he's the lowest rated CB last year. This year I believe he's easily one of the lowest starters. Don't be sad we didn't overpay for it

But yeah we need CB help bad. I think we've got players who can contribute but a few are terrible and don't belong in the NFL

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow

quote:

RT Chris Clark was having a solid season until DE Cameron Wake came to town. He allowed three sacks, including two trip sacks to Wake, and six hurries, cumulating in a -8.9 grade in pass protection. Prior to this game, Clark had only allowed one sack, two hits, and a hurry. It would have been worse, too, if the Dolphins hadn’t been out of sight by halftime, allowing them to play their backups the rest of the way. Clark fared better against backup DE Derrick Shelby, but was still getting beat on a regular basis. Overall, a dreadful day for the Texans’ offensive line, which combined for a -13.4 grade, with Clark (-8.2) as the biggest culprit.

Wake is an animal right now

quote:

There were some concerns earlier in the season about DT Ndamukong Suh’s performances. According to our grades, those concerns were unfounded, and a dominant performance against the Texans leaves Suh graded fifth overall amongst defensive tackles. In 36 rushes against Houston, Suh had two sacks, two hits, a hurry, and a pair of batted passes, culminating in a +5.0 grade. With a +14.5 grade on the season, Suh is now our third-graded defensive tackle, in terms of pass rushing alone. In run defense, he recorded a team-high +1.9 grade, including a pair of stops. Only penalties (Suh was offsides three times against the Texans) bring down his overall grade.

Suh still great even when people say he isnt. Great.

Now we get to see just how bad New England is going to crush us with crossing routes and pick plays.

Also - PFF didn't even rate Tannehill. No mention of him int heir breakdown of Houston vs Miami. He only broke an NFL record, but not a single review of him. Not even in Miami's top rated players.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh okay. I wasn't complaining about a low grade or anything, but to not have him rated at all seemed super odd.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PantsFreeZone posted:

This is what I said yesterday when people were saying "SEE? See how great he is?"

I'm like, he hit a 14 yard square out and Jarvis Landry ran 243 yards to score. He did his job yesterday very well. I'm mildly excited about his potential improvement but it doesn't erase the previous 5 games of this season where he was mediocre as gently caress.

He wasn't mediocre against the Titans whatsoever. He was credited with one of the INT's because it could be argued, while the second was credited to the receiver (as far as grades go).

As for yesterday - there was a great throw that didn't end up on the stat sheet because of off-setting penalties... including pass interference on the receiver who eventually caught the ball (Parker) https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CSNe-hkWEAAU263.mp4

That's a great great pass. Thrown from out 35 to the opposing 30. I think if you saw that performance yesterday and paid attention to little things, knowing what to look for, you saw a much different Tannehill than in games 1-3. He's picking his favorites, especially in terms of NOT looking at Cameron as much. I hope Jordan gets his poo poo together, because he's in a bit of a slump, but otherwise Tannehill is looking great when he's got a run game behind him.

He's no Brady and he never will be. He's trending, and if he can improve on his 2015 then my god how happy are we, but I'm perfectly fine with knowing we have an above average qb, trending towards really good qb, likely not elite.

But I mean, Andy loving Dalton looks fantastic this year, and he was the pure definition of mediocre last season. Sometimes it clicks when you see those flashes of potential.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 26, 2015

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Highbrow Slick posted:

I'm pretty sure prior to Tannehill breaking the record for consecutive completions the previous record holder was Super Bowl Champion David Carr, unless someone broke it again before yesterday

e: he tied mark brunell's record of 22. Both did it in 2006.

Donovan Mcnabb had 24

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo I really like both those edm songs. Time to smoke some meth and listen up

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
:laffo: Matthew Slater and Devin McCourtney man where's the rimshot

I cant believe that's even an actual thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Going over drafts and my god the 2012 draft could turn into a fantastic draft for us, if they continue their current success

• Locked thread