Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ross Angeles posted:

I bet Mangini is getting fired

That wasn't really his fault... Their QB belongs nowhere near an NFL field. That was pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Simms doesn't like watching QBs struggle, I can get that. And from what I've seen of the games he's called this season he's been more willing to call out bad ref decisions when he sees them. I give Simms a passing grade this year so far.

I give the Mute button on my remote an A+.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Ross said that the Chargers improved at literally every single position this year so I don't know what.

They didn't improve at RB. That's for sure.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Overall the Jets played very well and I can't be too upset about losing the toughest game on the schedule.

Marshall can't drop that TD and the defense can't give up a 3rd and 17 and expect to win. They took a good shot though.

Playing up there is just horrific in every way imaginable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Like the Jets clock management in the 4th quarter of that game?

The clock management was fine. I agreed with not calling a time out there. Dan Fouts is a fool.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NC-17 posted:

Fitz last pass in the middle of the field was a terrible choice. They didn't show a replay to see what else was available, but god don't throw it there with like 8 seconds left or whatever.

Yes but that is nit picking. The game was over on the drive where they went down by 10 when they couldn't cover Danny loving Amendloa in the one of 3 games a season he isn't in a concussion induced coma.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Oct 26, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Bowles said that Fitz can't reach the endzone from the NE 47, which is alarming in itself, but that was the reasoning on getting closer. That was at prayer time anyways.

Yes. If you're bitching about that play you're wrong. They lost the game way before that.

sean10mm posted:

So the Patriots are trying to run out the clock and sit on the lead, and the solution when you have all your time outs is... to let them run out the clock so they can sit on their lead. So then your QB, who doesn't have enough arm for a proper Hail Mary, can try to get into the endzone by running a series of plays. With no time on the clock to do so. Because you stat on your time outs when the Patriots were trying to run the clock.

Apparently playing the Patriots just makes EVERYONE dumb as poo poo.

They only chance there was holding them to a FG and if they did that, the TO's are more important than the 30 or so seconds they let run off. This isn't complicated. I understand that when your team makes the league into a farce by cheating their way to winning every game by 35 points you never really have to think about stuff like this but what they did was their best chance to win the game.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 26, 2015

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NC-17 posted:

Well he wasn't covered because they sent the house. They just didn't get there in time. Probably because of cheating or something I'm sure.

Nah. Without cheating the Jets win the game easily.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

You're a pretty bad watcher of football. They sent 7 and Gronk was in to block the left edge. He freelanced instead though and let Coples run free at Brady; Coples just didn't get there in time.

Game was effectively over at that point anyways so whatever.

You really can only call what goes on up there football in the loosest sense since the rules of football don't apply to them so it's pretty understandable that their fanbase is completely clueless about stuff like that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sean10mm posted:

I wonder how effective that tactic historically is against Brady?

code:
BY DEFENSIVE MOTION	CMP	ATT	YDS	CMP%	AVG	LNG	TD	INT	SACK	RAT	
Blitz	                29	43	392	67.4	9.12	52	8	1	4	126.2	
Oh.

Yes. We know. Your team is very very good at cheating.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NC-17 posted:

I wonder how they held the best front seven in football in check with such elite players like Josh Kline, David Andrews ,Tre Jackson and Cameron Fleming? Perhaps the 'ol ben gay on the jock strap? Expired Gatorade? Maybe sunspots? Gamma radiation? We'll never know I guess.

Probably some combination of having the playbook, the playcalls, field conditions and holding. We'll know more when more drips out just like how we learned about them having the Rams playbook, their taping and their tampering with the football and headsets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Starting field position was a major issue. I guess you can't plan to have your starting punter develop a shin infection the day before the game and have to resort to hiring a guy literally on commercial break from ESPNRadio.

The Jets' ST have been utter crap all season.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I forget if it was on twitter or here but I saw a stat that was like every other team that drops back 90%+ (maybe 80% considering 90.9 is the highest in past 10 yrs) in a game is 3-190, and the Patriots are 4-0

When you are awesome at cheating, you can have no running game, a bunch of backup OL and a few No 3 WR's and still be 6-0!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

It's easy for QBs to avoid pressure when their line can hold at will and their receivers can use picks to get open.

You'd think that someone in the NFL offices would be on this, but no.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

Here was a pretty awesome Decker pick on Ninkovich to get Ivory a TD. I'm pretty sure it's legal within a yard of the LOS.

http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/N...26551_3200k.mp4

That jackass Dan Fouts spent about 20 mins bitching about this play that is, granted, borderline but NE had about 8 plays that were worse and Fouts didn't say a word. And that's before you get to the holding of Wilkerson and Richardson that could've been called about 20 times.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rex Ryan doesn't do "bad" offense. Rex Ryan does "so awful, your eyes bleed and you need to crawl up in a corner of the shower to cry after the game is over" offense.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ozu posted:

He has a no-trade clause but what's a realistic offer that could work? 1st rounder + Muhammad Wilkerson?

I'd do that. There is no way that Rivers is bringing his 46 kids to the east coast though...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

Apparently headphones not working is the new go to excuse for coaches that suck

Jim Harbaugh sucks as a coach?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

NC-17 posted:

Potential Patriot HoFers:

Brady - Automatic.
Gronk - Needs to stay healthy and productive for probably three more years.
Wilfork - Decent chance.
Mathew Slater - Decent chance.
McCourty - Outside shot, unlikely.

If Arod doesn't get into the hall of fame, neither should Brady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

It's really not that much of a loss because Bill is not that great of a drafter.

And because the players don't really matter when you cheat as well as they do.

• Locked thread