Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ross said that the Chargers improved at literally every single position this year so I don't know what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Manti Te'o appears to not be particularly good. Him and Butler are the amongst the 2 worst rated ILBs by PFF.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Overall the Jets played very well and I can't be too upset about losing the toughest game on the schedule.

Marshall can't drop that TD and the defense can't give up a 3rd and 17 and expect to win. They took a good shot though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AFC East is the only division where all teams have a positive point differential. AFC South's best are the Titans at -20.

e: lol

@MichaelDavSmith
The AFC South is a trainwreck. I just looked at all 4 teams' schedules. I think a 3-7 record will be good enough for first place in Week 11.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Fitz last pass in the middle of the field was a terrible choice. They didn't show a replay to see what else was available, but god don't throw it there with like 8 seconds left or whatever.
Bowles said that Fitz can't reach the endzone from the NE 47, which is alarming in itself, but that was the reasoning on getting closer. That was at prayer time anyways.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

So the Patriots are trying to run out the clock and sit on the lead, and the solution when you have all your time outs is... to let them run out the clock so they can sit on their lead. So then your QB, who doesn't have enough arm for a proper Hail Mary, can try to get into the endzone by running a series of plays. With no time on the clock to do so. Because you stat on your time outs when the Patriots were trying to run the clock.

Apparently playing the Patriots just makes EVERYONE dumb as poo poo.
The plan was to retain all TOs and head into the 2 minute warning with the ball back down, at worst, 26-20. That plan failed when they let Amendola convert a 3rd and 10 at the NE 33. That play iced the game and everything else after was garbage time. TOs are worthless when you can't hold on 3rd and long.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 26, 2015

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

:laffo:

Not covering Gronk at all for a walk-in touchdowns was the dumbest possible thing imaginable at that point in the game, and arguably made any other decisions by the Jets almost moot, so your argument has got that going for it. Which is nice.
You're a pretty bad watcher of football. They sent 7 and Gronk was in to block the left edge. He freelanced instead though and let Coples run free at Brady; Coples just didn't get there in time.

Game was effectively over at that point anyways so whatever.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

I wonder how effective that tactic historically is against Brady?

Oh.
You should toss in a KISS THE RINGS, BRADY GOAT and complete the :patssay: daily double.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SlipUp posted:

It's not like things are any better when you don't blitz at all.
Basically. Everyone already knows Brady is the best QB ever. There are no rules of thumb playing against him but blitzing him has been marginally more effective this year than not.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Also I haven't heard anyone mention how awful Weatherford was (I reeeeallly enjoyed seeing him struggle) and how badly he screwed the Jets over and over.
Starting field position was a major issue. I guess you can't plan to have your starting punter develop a shin infection the day before the game and have to resort to hiring a guy literally on commercial break from ESPNRadio.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Chargers are probably toast at this point. Currently 14th in the AFC and their line is all 2nd and 3rd stringers.

@RapSheet
Another #Chargers injury: Big money guard Orlando Franklin is believed to have injured his MCL, source said. MRI today to see how severe.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Someone on reddit made a pretty cool Chrome extension.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dicky-b/chmblekblbaeoekndhomhpfjhgjejhii?utm_source=plus

quote:

Replaces all instances of 'Blake Bortles', 'Bortles', 'Warbortles', or 'BB5' with 'Big Dick Bortles'

Serves to promote the glory that is Blake Bortles.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Here was a pretty awesome Decker pick on Ninkovich to get Ivory a TD. I'm pretty sure it's legal within a yard of the LOS.

http://a.video.nfl.com/films/2015/N...26551_3200k.mp4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

pasaluki posted:

The Bills aren't completely done but are in complete chaos right now.

My opinion of Rex Ryan is going to be defined by what he does on the bye week and how the team responds afterwards.
You probably won't be very pleased when you look up Rex's post bye week record then.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

GaussianCopula posted:

Dave DeGuglielmo is a pretty good offensive line coach on his own.
Trigger warning that poo poo.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_offensive_line_coach_dave.html

quote:

DeGuglielmo said in no uncertain terms that Hunter's starting job is not in jeopardy. He believes "this is his year."

"This guy is the starting right tackle," DeGuglielmo said in an interview with reporters today. "Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son-of-a-gun is going to be the starting right tackle. And he's going to play well."

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Philip Rivers needs to get away from this franchise
He has a no-trade clause but what's a realistic offer that could work? 1st rounder + Muhammad Wilkerson?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Also - PFF didn't even rate Tannehill. No mention of him int heir breakdown of Houston vs Miami. He only broke an NFL record, but not a single review of him. Not even in Miami's top rated players.
They rated him +1.7, positively but not especially noteworthy. Palazzolo covers the why.

quote:

@PFF_Steve
Ryan Tannehill picked up 12.8% of his 282 yards through the air.

That's 246 yards after the catch for Dolphins receivers yesterday

Tannehill attempted 9 of his 19 passes beyond the line of scrimmage.

Average depth of target: 2.4 yards

Perfect passer rating

Tannehill didn't do anything wrong, but was by no means a dominant performance.

Miller/Landry/Matthews/Bad D making those stats look good

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cole posted:

He also brought in Tebow, paid him $40k and made over a million on jersey sales.

He's also a business man.
Jersey sales are split evenly across all teams. He most certainly didn't sign Tebow for business purposes.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

And Greg Olsen loving walked.

Traded for a 3rd rounder, which was then used in the Brandon Marshall trade.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sirtommygunn posted:

The Jets actually have a pretty good selection of first round picks. I'm a relatively new fan of football so I can't tell you much about the guys who came before but Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Darelle Revis, Muhammad Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson, Calvin Pryor and Leonard Williams have all been strong picks in the last ten years.

In that time they've also gotten Mark Sanchez, Vernon Gholston, Kyle Wilson, Dustin Keller, Dee Milliner and Quinton Coples that have been below average to terrible players. The drafting from '08 to '10 was horrific and basically killed the team for a couple years.

code:
2000    12  Shaun Ellis 	DE  Tennessee		(Awesome, 11 year starter)
	13  John Abraham    	LB  South Carolina	(Alcoholic, best edge rusher we've had in 20 years)
	18  Chad Pennington 	QB  Marshall		(Awesome, build like paper mache)
	27  Anthony Becht   	TE  West Virginia	(Meh, but still played 10 years)
2001    16  Santana Moss    	WR  Miami (Florida)	(Sideline Santana, good career)
2002    22  Bryan Thomas    	DE  Alabama-Birmingham	(Good career, 11 years w/ team)
2003    4   Dewayne Robertson   DT  Kentucky		(Huge bust, Traded two 1st to move up)
2004    12  Jonathan Vilma  	LB  Miami (Florida)  	(Good career with Jets and Saints)
2006    4   D'Brick Ferguson   	T   Virginia		(Slowing down but awesome career)
	29  Nick Mangold    	C   Ohio State		(Still a beast, potential HoF'er)
2007    14  Darrelle Revis  	CB  Pittsburgh		(Hall of Fame)
2008    6   Vernon Gholston 	DE  Ohio State		(Top 3 draft bust in history)
	30  Dustin Keller   	TE  Purdue		(Meh, couple decent years killed by injury)
2009    5   Mark Sanchez    	QB  USC			(Whiff, bust... will probably have a long career as a backup)
2010    29  Kyle Wilson 	CB  Boise State		(Bust. Couple decent years as nickle)
2011    30  Muhammad Wilkerson  DL  Temple University	(Awesome)
2012    16  Quinton Coples  	DE  North Carolina	(Losing snaps to Lorenzo Mauldin, kinda busty)
2013    9   Dee Milliner    	CB  Alabama		(Who knows since he's never not injured, bust-ish)
	13  Sheldon Richardson  DT  Missouri 		(Awesome)
2014    18  Calvin Pryor    	S   Louisville 		(Turned a corner this year, has played very well in year 2)
2015    6   Leonard Williams    DT  USC			(Awesome so far)

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

If Steve Tasker isn't in the Hall then there's zero chance Matt Slater ever will be.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, not seeing the issue here. He's talking about Hardy. Brandon Marshall owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3_sSZnBJU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That's the Buffalo Hand Warmer. Seen also here:

• Locked thread