Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i found a secret:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

In all seriousness OP, I plan on playing this in approx. a month after I'm done with Yoshi's Woolly World, DQVIII and DQH. Cheers.

Ima man of my word. My friend and I got this today and played through the first area. It's awesome and we are planning a weekend gaming thon to play through a lot of it...very excited.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In Training posted:

Ima man of my word. My friend and I got this today and played through the first area. It's awesome and we are planning a weekend gaming thon to play through a lot of it...very excited.

goonspeed. i still have the last two areas to beat, and the DLC which is coming very soon.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't have friends irl because i''m a genuinely unlikable, unpleasant person to be around. should i avoid this game?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't have friends irl because i''m a genuinely unlikable, unpleasant person to be around. should i avoid this game?

I only have one friend and we played through the first area with a rando named Joe and it was still a lot of fun. Joe was a good sport too, doing the cheerleader emote even when we gamged up on him and threw him off cliffs

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is it really like 4 maps repeated 50 times or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There appear to be 32 levels, each with 4 maps. So that's 128 levels.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You don't need to grind materials or whatever because you get a item for finishing a set of 4 levels and then enough rupees from playing the levels to buy any materials you would need to finish your outfit

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

is it really like 4 maps repeated 50 times or whatever

its 8 worlds, with 4 areas each, and each of the areas has 3 missions, which is the same level but with a gimmick tied to completing it like having less health or getting through in a time limit, or not getting hit. you get different rewards in each mission which you use to make the costumes that give you upgrades.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

mabels big day posted:

its 8 worlds, with 4 areas each, and each of the areas has 3 missions, which is the same level but with a gimmick tied to completing it like having less health or getting through in a time limit, or not getting hit. you get different rewards in each mission which you use to make the costumes that give you upgrades.

that's 32 maps played 3 times each then? so 96 missions

seems pretty reasonable

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to play this so bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

96 missions, 128 maps , and since you can grind materials forever if you want, it's technically possible to get 2970 collectibles.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like that theyre adding in a costume that just lets you see whats in each chest at the end of the level and doesnt help during actual gameplay, so if any of your friends wear it you know theyre total shitheads

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's a really fun four swords game. Emote spamming with randoms is fun. When a player is super laggy you can blacklist them at least.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
I can't wait to see the insane speedruns this game will surely produce.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can someone help me and my friend finish this loving game. We've been trying to do World 8 for multiple days now and all that happens is someone joins, picks the final level, and when they don't get the roulette they just kill themselves and balcklist us. This has happened upwards of 15 times and it's driving me prodromal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My FC 1564-3627-4251

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Can someone help me and my friend finish this loving game. We've been trying to do World 8 for multiple days now and all that happens is someone joins, picks the final level, and when they don't get the roulette they just kill themselves and balcklist us. This has happened upwards of 15 times and it's driving me prodromal.

lol loot drives men insane

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

idk what this means, but lol that it keeps happening . owned!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OK we got to the final boss, finally. That was incredibly annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i think i still have two more worlds of this game left to play, plus the dlc which i havent touched

• Locked thread