Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
:ussr: I want see much bad faked of Russian typed English in thread tovarieshch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
Top priority should be constructing any and all buildings related to training manpower and researching flash gordon comics space technology.

If we get Sputnik 1 going we can have something impressive to show immediately, which will surely increase our budget once Moscow sees the potential for beeping metal IN SPACE.

Also if possible we should keep all our infrastructure a good ways away from the launchpad.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
I bet we're so close to the red because of all the construction we're undergoing. Once all the buildings are complete, will we have any more room in the budget?

I don't trust this "Michael Hilton" character, he sounds like a god(loving?) fascist and enemy of revolution! I vote we send him to the Gulag and have him replaced. I like to look of tovarishch Dyuzhenko, I bet he can bring us to space faster than the capitalist dog we have now. Actually, salaries seem pretty cheap in general. If we can onboard any other talent we'll be in space and back to Moscow that much quicker!

As for Sputnik 1, I vote we bring on any spare talent we can and give it 2 seasons so we have a ~75% success rate. Letting the Americans lead the race is bad but if our first launch fails it'll be disastrous!

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
definitely no Tiger team, but I question the value of an extended mission. How much of our manpower would we have to divert in order to manage the craft? The goal is to put different shiny objects in space before the Americans, not keep them in space forever. For all we know, the Americans could have a shiny object capable of LEAVING THE SOLAR SYSTEM and the fewer shiny object scientists we have the greater the risk.

• Locked thread