Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I don't know much about Fatal Frame, but I don't think Ayane does, either.

Any ideas what you two are going to do next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

I don't know much about Fatal Frame, but I don't think Ayane does, either.

Any ideas what you two are going to do next?

Ayane knows nothing about Fatal Frame. Nothing. :-P

And yeah, we have a couple ideas. We were thinking of doing Murdered: Soul Suspect, because the few minutes that we've messed with were hilarious. I feel bad that we haven't upload the final part of Fatal Frame yet; Amy and I are in the process of moving to St. Louis, so packing up our apartment has been taking up some of our time. It's coming soon, though, I promise!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

pedrovay2003 posted:

We were thinking of doing Murdered: Soul Suspect, because the few minutes that we've messed with were hilarious.

ooof. Prepare for frustration.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Well, everyone, it's time to bid a fond farewell to cheese bananas this game, because it's time for the final episode. It was a ton of fun playing through this, and I really hope we get more of the series in the future. And again, thanks to everyone who stuck it out through the entire playthrough!

Amy and I have already recorded the first episode of what we're playing next, so look for it soon! (I'll link to it here when we get everything going.)

SSNeoman posted:

ooof. Prepare for frustration.

Yeah, we decided on something else, so I'll link to it here when we have the first episode up. I still eventually want to play Murdered, but yeah, it does seem to be something that might make a lot of people lose interest.

pedrovay2003 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 7, 2016

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Cheese banana! Glad you had fun doing this.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
"He has a Mirrorstone doesn't he. Slowly dying and- yeahhhhhhhh"

Also I got a good laugh at the "spiritbaby / shadow / I was a tulpa all along" ending. Congrats on completing the game y'all

edit: love the extra bit at the end

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

pedrovay2003 posted:

Yeah, we decided on something else, so I'll link to it here when we have the first episode up. I still eventually want to play Murdered, but yeah, it does seem to be something that might make a lot of people lose interest.

If you're on PC, lemme help ya:

Steam User Sneaksie posted:

Navigate to the folder Murdered Soul Suspect\FateGame\Config and open DefaultAIPerceptionData.ini file using Notepad. Look for the line

StimTypes=(TypeName=Player,BaseTypeName=Ghost,Result_Awareness=High)

and change High to Unaware.

This will make the demons completely ignore you. They are an unfun mechanic and they drag the story to a screeching halt every time they appear. And they take forever to lose interest.
They aren't so bad at first, but holy poo poo do they get awful as the game goes on. The last level has like three encounters with them in a row and the camera is super uncooperative.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Really enjoyed this one. As someone new to the series, it was good to have people knowledgeable about it LPing this one, plus you two have been entertaining as always. Looking forward to the next one!

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I'm surprised no one comment on the REVENGE OF THE CHEESE BANANA at the end.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, that was pretty great. Busted that ghost and enjoyed a well-deserved cafe favorite.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

D_W posted:

I'm surprised no one comment on the REVENGE OF THE CHEESE BANANA at the end.

Air is lava! posted:

Cheese banana! Glad you had fun doing this.

:confused: Am I on your ignore list for some reason? Did I offend you? :(

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

:confused: Am I on your ignore list for some reason? Did I offend you? :(

You must be a wizard 'cause I swear your post was not there before!

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Thanks so much for the awesome feedback, everybody. We're really happy that you liked the playthrough. :D

SSNeoman posted:

If you're on PC, lemme help ya:

This will make the demons completely ignore you. They are an unfun mechanic and they drag the story to a screeching halt every time they appear. And they take forever to lose interest.
They aren't so bad at first, but holy poo poo do they get awful as the game goes on. The last level has like three encounters with them in a row and the camera is super uncooperative.

Ooh, this is awesome, thanks! Yeah, I've heard pretty much nothing but negativity toward the demons in the game.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
They were a neat idea but executed not so great, all they serve to do in the end is pad out the game's playtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Hey, hey, hey... New LP of The Witness! :D

tlarn posted:

They were a neat idea but executed not so great, all they serve to do in the end is pad out the game's playtime.

Ah, that's too bad. Well, it's nice that it can be modded on the PC.

• Locked thread