Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eh, might as well toss this here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

"No, Barry. It wasn't your fault. You didn't do this. It was someone else. A god who's even more inept at time travel."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's also Scorpion showing up in Injustice, where in his ending he takes down Trigon and steals his army.

Endless Mike posted:

Was there a comic tie-in? I didn't play the game since I don't really care for MK games, in general, but I've always enjoyed how stupid the lore is.

The game's story is pretty fun. It's the same kind of cinematic storytelling as the latter MK games and Injustice, only there are two separate versions: one that tells the story from the MK perspective and one that tells it from the DC side.

The plot is that in one world, Shao Kahn fails an invasion and as he tries to escape through a portal, Raiden zaps him. At the same time in another universe, Darkseid fails an invasion and as he tries to escape through a boomtube, Superman lasers him. That causes some multiveral craziness and Dark Kahn is formed. He's bent on merging both realities together, then destroying them, which he does to Outworld and Apokalips.

People start to vanish, some people start ending up on the wrong world, parts of the two worlds start to share the same space (ie. Themyscira and Shang Tsung's island), energies start to flux (Sub-Zero is capable of beating Superman and Joker's suddenly super strong) and people are randomly infected by an overwhelming need to inflict violence that comes and goes. In each reality, the heroes and villains gradually get together and decide that they're being invaded by a bunch of weirdoes. The two parties meet up in what's left of Outworld/Apokalips and have a big brawl.

Superman ends up lashing out at Batman while Raiden does the same to Liu Kang. They collect themselves, both fly to Dark Kahn's stronghold, fight each other, realize they're on the same side, then kill Dark Kahn. Afterwards, the two worlds return to normal, only Kahn and Darkseid end up in the wrong universes while powered down. Darkseid's chained up in the Netherrealm while Kahn's thrown into the Phantom Zone.

Then all the arcade mode endings are epilogues that mostly mix the lore. Deathstroke starts his own clan of assassins, Catwoman learns how to do Animalities, Sub-Zero becomes a caped vigilante working in the shadows, Liu Kang is able to wield the abilities of the MK gods by shouting "MORTAL KOMBAT!" and so on.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

ManiacClown posted:

Wait, so Liu Kang became an arcade machine-dropping Captain Marvel? That's genuinely wonderful. Did it show what abilities he got from the gods? I mean, that's 12 gods there, so he must have had powers out the rear end.

MK only has four named god characters and one of them is off the table for basically being the series' Satan. So the ending only namedrops Raiden, Fujin and Argus (who isn't even an Earthrealm god, but whatever). While that already nets him the powers of electricity and wind, Raiden's sort of the antithesis of "Wisdom of Solomon."

Anyway, back on topic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

smashpro1 posted:

Have another Cap parody:

Well, obviously Deadpool is the Pyro in this situation.

"Do you believe in magic...?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It's from Action Comics post-Blackest Night. It focuses completely on Lex Luthor as he takes on pretty much every major DC villain.

• Locked thread