Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Ah yes of course. I forgot that everyone turns their heater off at home whenever they leave the house. How foolish of me. Otherwise houses would be going up in flames left and right.

You're getting all bitchy, but the fact is RV heaters suck rear end and are dangerous as poo poo. I remember back in the 90's when we had a travel trailer, carbon monoxide detectors were mandatory because those propane heaters kept killing people.

E: We used to travel from VAFB, CA up to coyote point marina in the SF bay every other weekend and stay on my Dad's Hunter 30(sailboat) and that was a cold, harsh thing to live on for just two days at a time. Also, gently caress pumping out blackwater tanks, gently caress they make the whole boat stink like poo poo. We'd end up just using the marina bathrooms just avoid having to deal with that. The travel trailer was much better, but a marine head is a completely different setup. So, get used to what amounts to using an outhouse now.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The Groper posted:

OP you should buy a skoolie instead. You say you're not too handy, otherwise I'd suggest you get a used bus and DIY, but it will be much warmer, easier to get around, cheaper to maintain, and your girlfriend will probably be more accepting of it.

Then he can accurately cosplay Garey Busey in Black Sheep :v:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

candy rear end OP going to banks and credit unions instead of paying the iron price

What is dead may never die

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

For all this hogshit OP's going through, why not just buy a pontoon boat (party barge) and plop an ez up on that bitch? You'll freeze to death either way, but at least you'd be partying.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Nitrox posted:

Except you own the land that's under the house. Which is the part that tends to go up first and hold it's value. Imagine being able to pint at the map and outline the actual piece of land that's yours. Instead of living in what essentially an apartment that you're paying endless lease for. Not having to rely on the rest of the condo association for anything is a wonderful thing.

Ask me about buying a condo in 2007...

So, what's the concensus about townhomes then? I own the land under my unit, since it's not an apartment, more of a rowhouse.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

SpelledBackwards posted:

Oh god, imagine a marine wedding boat. That's like 20x the price!

No need to imagine! Why, you can rent the 100 foot Royal Princess 2 for your wedding at **~~~Beautiful Kemah, TX~~~***
Bring money.

e: Royal Wedding Package
Includes:
Private 4 hour Cruise
Minister
Wedding Ceremony while Cruising
Decorations
Custom Table Linens
Custom Chair Covers
Custom Chair Covers Sashes
Fresh Flower Table Centerpieces
Lighted Cake & Sign-in Tables
Personal Lifering
Duel Entree Dinners Show me the Menu
Hor D'oeuvres
Reception, Champagne Toast
Open Soda Tea & Coffee Bar
4 Hour DJ Service
Photography (Includes, CD, wedding photo's & book)
Wedding Cake & Grooms Cake
Wedding Coordinator.
Hotel Discounts for Your Guests

PLUS
3 Hr. Premium Bar
Includes: Beer, Wine & Premium mixed drinks
Price reduced $1,000
Now $14,995.00
For each guest over 100 add $60

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 16, 2015

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

OP should make a boat-shaped restaurant that only sells coffee at weddings..on a horse property. Truck equity is the only form of payment accepted. I think I got all the BFC bases covered there.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Can't you just charter a boat for a week and sleep on it? That'd tell you real quick how awful sleeping on a boat is.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

That's like don't count your chickens before they're hatched.txt right there.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Devian666 posted:

I'm sure a saw a floating brothel on a episode of Pimp My Boat.
http://imgur.com/izzhK7N

Pretty solid entry to the Kemah Lighted Boat Parade. Yes that's a thing.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

+

=

First step, get you a tenement on wheels, Griswald Christmas Vacation style. DIY FloaterHome.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seeing as Alaska *used* to pay people to live there through oil dividend checks when oil money was good, I wouldn't count on that pension being there. But whatever, it's not like I know anything about the oil business :v:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I feel like OP's fuckery with the contract is like the old troll science memes. Maybe you can power your boat by strapping buttered toast to the back of a cat and harnessing the infinite spinning power of that assembly. Checkmate, Big Power :smuggo:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

You know, a roll of heavy duty shrinkwrap and a can of great stuff expanding foam should sort you right out. Float on down to your local hardware store for savings :pirate:

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Saint Fu posted:

Then he'll have a nice warm bed in a white-collar minimum-security resort. poo poo, we should be so lucky.

Hey, three hots and a pot seem like a brighter future than sharing a cardboard box under a bridge with a rough trick named Jim.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I have an idea. You need to go find a marina you want to live at and scout out the boats that never get visited. I spent a lot of time at marinas with my folks because my Dad was also boat-tarded. You'd always see a few lovely hulks sitting there, rotting away, that clearly never get visited or checked on. Scout one of these out and then just...take it. Then you can live life on the high seas, avoiding those blasted redcoats, drinking rainwater, eating salt pork, and trading fish for limes to fight the dreaded scurvy. Pay the iron price :black101:
e:

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 1, 2016

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

The gently caress is a Left Shark?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I watched the left shark video.... I don't get it. Was something funny supposed to happen? You're putting all your eggs in a basket of worthless?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

So, what happened with all this? Did op freeze to death with ol yeller?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Hey OP, I'm thinking you need to give this a watch again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nW5g8tjazg

Minus the kinda attractive girl playing with her feces. Replaced with you. Playing with your feces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Just move to a place where there's no winter and the houseboats are even cheaper. Like Vietnam.

See, that's good with money, good with food, and good with geography right there. French Indochina, best Indochina.

• Locked thread