Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I thought I had a chance getting insurance on it through my small business as a business policy but they turned it down after questioning me on my boating experience and skills, despite me telling them a million times that it would be just docked at the marina %90 of the time.

It's a rare moment where somebody manages to turn on the in game tutorial hints for real life. Yet they always ignore them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Not at all a goon in the well situation. I'm not asking for help. Plus when I can finally pull the trigger on a boat I can start posting real numbers to see how much I am saving each month.

You will not save money. Stop trying to wish it true.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

One positive development happened recently. My uncle has a large houseboat (two stories) and speed boat on a lake in a bordering state. This spring he has insisted that I spend a week out with him learning some basics. Hopefully I will have my boat by then already but he will be able to teach me enough to get by in time for summer when I will want to take some river excursions.

Please do this before you buy the boat. Also sit down with your uncle and go over your budget. Why isn't your uncle living on his houseboat?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I wonder if the regulations for a boat used for commercial purposes are different than those for a pleasure boat.

:laffo:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

OP you've posted some ridiculous poo poo in this thread so far and you keep doing so but out of some sort of misguided conscience I feel the need to be serious for a moment.

Do you know what the difference between a pleasure craft and a commercial vessel is? Do you know why that matters to your plan in a big way?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Boats want to float naturally its what they do.

This deserves its own post because drat.

No, no it is not. Boats want to sink. Physics is a thing.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Holy loving poo poo OP you are about to make the biggest mistake of your life. DO NOT BUY A BOAT.

Also the boat won't be repo able since he won't be able to get a securized loan for it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

AKA a rigid tent, on wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I've been looking into it some more and apparently some places treat a boat loan like an RV or ATV loan. Which means yes slightly higher APR but usually for a way longer term that I could pay off super early, and less annoying paperwork since it wouldnt be like a home loan. I just list it as a recreational vehicle and then sleep soundly atop a boat home of savings.

I am the ghost of insurance past, present and future.

Yoooooouuuuu aaaaaaaarrreeee an idioooooooooooot :iiam:

• Locked thread