Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Lol, 20 year boat loan.

I went to school at the U and just, lol. Minneapolis is not that expensive.

What lake are you planning on keeping this boat at? Have you looked at apartments outside of campus and uptown areas? Or is that considered too sketchy a neighborhood? I jumped on craigslist and there is a studio for $760 in marcy Holmes, and $750 for a 1 bdrm in Whittier. You could live in a cute house with roommates a block off Lyndale for $615! All of these are dog friendly, btw.

I mean, buy a houseboat if you want, but don't try and convince yourself it's to save money because...no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
What lake are you planning on keeping the boat at? Are you telling me that instead of becoming familiar with the wonderful city of mpls you are just going to live in a boat... In the middle of a city... Because...?? Are you living on campus now?

Honestly just break free of your GF and go live off the land in Ely. Did you just get out of college? Where in the city are you paying a grand all in for a one bedroom? Also you are doing the money saving math off your current apartment and I don't believe that there are no cheaper apartments near where you want to be. The folks in the twin cities thread should be able to help you with neighborhoods.

ALSO what is the square footage of an average houseboat? Does it have a kitchen?

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
Have you driven from the river to downtown during rush hour? I haven't but I can't imagine doing it in 30 mins. I suppose it depends where you work though.

marchantia
Nov 5, 2009

WHAT IS THIS
lol well...

• Locked thread