Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Living on a boat to save money is one of those ideas that's so good and so creative that you really need to just rush into it as fast as humanly possible. Don't expect people on the internet to like it; they're actually just jealous they didn't think of it first. Your girlfriend sounds, frankly, quite lame for not realizing how amazing this opportunity is. You probably want to go ahead and break up with her immediately because she's definitely not a keeper if she can't get onboard :haw: with this plan.

The time to act is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Hate to doublepost, but, all these lamers talking about the dog getting caught in a fire gave me a great idea: fireproof dog-warming suit. It's a custom dog-shaped suit made of fire-proof material that also has heating circuits built-in. Boat is freezing due to -30 windchill on the lake? No problem, just plug the dog in and she'll be warm. And you'll never have to worry about the questionable Chinese heating elements burning the boat down, because the suit is made of fire-proof material. This idea is literally bulletproof.

Bonus, you can license the fire-proof dog-warming-suit design to other companies and make literally hundreds of dollars.

You're welcome.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

You're wasting time thinking about things like financing and doggie daycare when what you really need to be doing is buying a boat - any boat, doesn't matter - with whatever money you have saved up right now. Have you given your 30 day move-out notice to your apartment? Doesn't matter, there's no time. Start moving your stuff down to the marina stat.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

You guys worried about cooking need to think outside the box (the box being an apartment) and stop being afraid to dream big.

Take one of these:

Turn it on its side, boom, instant combination grill and heater. Grill burgs on that bad boy while simultaneously heating your home to a toasty 13*F.

And that idea only took me 45 minutes to come up with. What if I had more time? I could come up with more sweet houseboat living ideas.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Since I missed out on the image of the houseboat, could someone please indicate which picture most closely resembles it:

A

B

C

Thanks

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I'll be honest, I have no clue.
This would be thread title material if we didn't just get a new one

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

There is a distinct lack of boat buyin' in this thread, and that really grinds my gears.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Sooner or later I'll catch a break.
You might not appreciate it now, but I think you caught a break already. You (presumably) still have your money and your girlfriend, even though you tried your darnedest.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Okay hear me out - floating brothel,

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Giraffe posted:

why not save yourself the cost of premiums and just Photoshop up a Comprehensive Boat Insurance Policy to show them? It's no less fraudulent and quite a bit cheaper.
See this is why I love BFC - where else can you learn to save money like this? The rest of you chumps need to get with the program and start churning out more tips n' tricks.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Second update, I've been on a month to month lease for a while now. Finally my buildings management company gave me a form that basically said resign a year lease or pay $150 extra a month to stay month to month.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I bamboozled that sum bitch something good!!! Yeehaawww!!!! Funky Winkerbean more like Skunky Stinkerbean!!! Hahahahahaha I got em.
:words:

While all of this is funny or whatever, how long were you on the month-to-month lease and how much extra was it per month? Anywhere I have ever lived, month-to-month leases are usually $200-300 per month extra.

Also why didn't you just move in with your GF or find a cheaper place to live if this whole thing is about saving money

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Nailed it.

That's the Beach Boys "Sloop John B" for the uncultured swine amongst you

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I am still deeply perturbed by the lack of houseboat

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Does she have tiny horses to match the tiny house? Like tiny enough that she carries them in her purse like a chihuahua?

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

I too seethe with rage when I think about BIG BANKS and how they keep the common man down by refusing to give out 10% interest loans for floating homes. Wake up sheeple!

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Just get a boatload of credit cards, why is this so hard

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Because one of the main reasons to do this is to save money. If I go and buy a boat with a bunch of credit cards at 20% APR it doesnt make a bit of financial sense. As it stands right now I'm waiting for this Friday to get my credit card reimbursment from work and then I'm going to apply to places like Prosper and see what kind of terms I can get.
Plenty of credit cards have 0% introductory APR, as long as you pay the it off during that introductory period, you never pay a cent in interest.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Define "expensive" because I'm looking on redfin and see a shitload of cheap houses in and around Minneapolis.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Anything over $130k is expensive.
I'm interested in hearing any other opinions you may have about financial stuff. For example "I could retire comfortably if I had $_______."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

He got a new apartment I think. But it's a landlubber's apartment and not a totes amazeballs seaworthy boatpartment.

• Locked thread