Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I'm a little leery about releasing to much more information than I already have. That coupled with the fact that I am probably a ways out from moving onto the boat, means I will be closing the thread for now. When I get the boat and have more solid numbers and costs to post I will re-open the thread. As it is I dont want any outside interference on any potential deals. The twin cities house boat market is small and I'd hate to have a deal fall through because of some annoying goon out to mess with me.

So in conclusion. Frugal Floating: - Totally and completely doable, much cheaper than renting, and you get to live on a boat. More like Frugal Gloating! Am I right fellas?!?

I will provide an update as soon as there are any big developments.

You seem to be ignoring the issues people are bringing up because it conflicts with your awesome boat lifestyle dreams. If you want to live on a boat then whatever, but quit claiming that it's cheaper when you admittedly have no idea how much everything will cost, and ignore things like repair costs.

How many square feet of living space does that have anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

just buy a really lovely houseboat outright.

This one please.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

quote:

It took about 30 minutes from discovering that something such as Tumbleweed existed to being completely and utterly sold. I called everyone in my family at 2:00am their time to share the moments-old news that I was going to build my own house. I was going to build it, it was going to be marvellous, and I was going to move to the coast so I could play music, be a beach bum and let my perfect airy-fairy lifestyle get me by.

Yep, sounds like BaseballPCHiker will fit in fine.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Last day of your lease is today, BaseballPCHiker. Where are you going to live? Caves are damp, but warmer than living outdoors this time of year in Minnesota.

• Locked thread