Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

gtkor posted:

Presumably OP made the bet on bovada which is currently offering that as a prop paying out 10 to 1. So hopefully he is going to make like 10k once left shark shows up.

God drat is that under the table money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Lake*

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Hope Floats dude it doesn't house remember that.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

OP how is your girlfriend though? At least that relationship isn't in murky waters right?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Everything is good on that front. I showed her some houseboats and she is starting to come around to the idea. She'll be done with her masters in December and wants to move out of state so long term we may be looking for a houseboat somewhere on the West coast.

Like a Seaboat?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

OP what kind of lease did you sign? 6 Months? Year?

Did you know if you took that lease to the seas it'd be nullified because of maritime law? THat's a fact you should remember

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

ohgodwhat posted:

Lol at the idea you could pay it off quickly if it sank but can't pay for it now without a loan.

OP has no concept of a sunk cost

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

loving loolll

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Can you use that 401k tax credit to buy a houseboat, or is it only for land locked items only? that could be another 10k tax free if it's a possibility

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Have you considered moving to one of the Scandinavian countries? Findland is the country of lakes which is arguably better than the state of lakes, and I'm sure you can find a houseboat there. The Euro is doing poo poo too so I'm sure you can find a more than decent deal there.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I'm trying to save money not waste it.

Did you try looking around the country for a project boat you could have shipped to a storage or something, then overtime pay someone to repair it? I mean that's kind of like a loan but instsead of getting the money upfront you're just depositing it to a repair man until you're seaworthy.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Lakeworthy? Lakeworthy isn't a word hey guys what's the word for seaworthy when you're living on a lake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

I'm interested in hearing any other opinions you may have about financial stuff. For example "I could retire comfortably if I had $_______."

Financial Independence for me is the name of my boat.

• Locked thread