Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

OK, fair enough I suppose. I just got a bit unnerved when NailRat knew exactly what boat I was looking at.

Um, dude you know this is a thing right? Serious right clicking internet detectivery ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

I do know thats a thing, which is why I took screen shots of the pictures and uploaded them to imgur. I thought that would help but apparently not.

Ah yeah it searches the image data itself with crazy rear end machine learning poo poo, it's not searching filenames/URLs/EXIF data or anything like that. You can buy a lot of PHDs when you make $1B/month in profit.

Being from WI, I have to say the houseboat in winter is pretty :lol: as winter here sucks enough ballsack as it is. I went to college an hour east of the cities and some group had a fund raiser where you had to put a guess in a lottery for when a wrecked car they put out on the ice of the lake would fall through, maybe we can do the same for your houseboat! :v:

(just kidding don't die)

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Internet will stay the same as I will still need that.

You know you can get the same plan at the same price at the marina? If not that's a pretty big assumption as if you can't get normal cable or DSL then probably you're only option is cellular which is likely to be more expensive, possibly slower and less reliable and definitely with a lovely data cap.

Also on googling for "houseboat internet" found this yahoo answers thing:

yahoo houseboat guy posted:

I can tell you for sure, those that think it is a "cheap" way of living, and do it for "financial hardship reasons" are the ones that are miserable - and usually leave as soon as they are financially able to do so.

And he's in Texas :lol:

Dogcow fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 19, 2015

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

BaseballPCHiker posted:

So I took their form, scanned it, and changed it to only be $10 a month more, then signed it and handed it back

:lol::lol:

You actually thought this would work? It's technically fraud, all I can do is :lol: right now..

• Locked thread