Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
How often do you see her parents? I understand people having really controlling parents, and I understand people not being willing to lie to their parents, but not both. Seems like a little lie will save you both a bunch of money on rent without the boat shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Your cost estimates have to have some uncertainty in them - I think $2-300 is within the margin of error there and it's hard for you to truly say if you'll save money. Don't lean on that as a shortcut to thinking - obviously this is something you *want* to do, think long and hard and decide how strong that preference is and how strong the negatives are.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

You don't pay a penalty if you only access direct contributions and not earnings on those contributions. I'm assuming the OP is young and most of that IRA is direct contributions.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Why do you need a boat? Humans float you know. Just learn to sleep while floating on your back.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Have any pictures of this current boat?
Yeah this thread can only survive for so long without boat pictures.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

more like 720 kickflip into freezing to death

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

MrKatharsis posted:

BFC is full of fun hating wet blankets and yet we wonder why we rarely get good threads.

OP: You are awesome. The haters are just jealous. Rock on. Don't use your Roth as an emergency fund though.
Living on a boat seems pretty cool to me, I ain't hating. I just wouldn't do it in a place with winter. Alienate your girlfriend before (as opposed to via) moving onto the boat seems like a good idea. That way you can sever all ties to your landlubbing past and go to the caribbean instead.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

candy rear end OP going to banks and credit unions instead of paying the iron price

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

A house is basically a condo except you have to mow the lawn and maintain the driveway/roof/siding/etc, and there's some air between you and your neighbor (personally this doesn't affect me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Move to NYC:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5914-Beach-Channel-Dr-Arverne-NY-11692/2106323312_zpid/

• Locked thread