Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I'm always relieved when I see a new article from Zack Parsons, because I know the front page is still carrying on even if it's in a state of change. I miss the early days under Garbageday sometimes too but there's still good stuff coming out. I think the front page can still rally. Every Parsons article keeps that hope alive for me, at least.

Also sometimes they make me pee myself laughing or become afraid of grasshopper aliens, those things too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Today's is a killer entry too. Nobody else captures the zeitgeist quite like Parsons, even when (or especially when) "timeliness" becomes a complicated idea.

Edit-

Okay, so today (The 23rd now) marks the third article by Zack this year that I have fooled my coworkers with. Today's Unfortunate Corporate Social Media Reactions to Prince's Death, and previously Who Said It: Donald Trump or Al Pacino as Big Boy Caprice From Dick Tracy? and 2016's Resolutions You've Probably Already Broken all start off reading like such perfect clones of the endlessly derivative micro-articles flowing out of every pore of the web now. But then there's this wonderful moment in each when they cross a threshhold and you realize what's really going on, and it's hilarious and meaningful at the same time. Good stuff.

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 23, 2016

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Today's is great. Timely, stinging, and extremely savvy. The standard farce America puts on whenever there's a shocking mass-killing (i.e., every morning) has really gone into high gear now that the news cycle is basically 100% twitter, a medium that a huge number of prominent people still haven't figured out can wreck you if you're too hasty with it. Parsons' sardonic addressed essay style is the perfect response to all the forces at play in the story: bigotry, hoplophilia, web illiteracy, etc. Made my morning.

• Locked thread