Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

bobservo posted:

We never received any mandate from Lowtax or anything like that. I just write the stuff I think is funny, as I've been doing for the past ten years.

You are absolutely hilarious and I actually came to the forum to make a post about your pizza propagandist. You mined the poo poo out of that vein, no missed opportunities and no flat jokes; fantastic.

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

I just got liminal states how good is it genuinely?

Hello, sir. I am an enormous fan of Zach Parsons and I enjoyed reading Liminal States, although not as much as most of his other material. It has great scenes, great ideas, pretty good characters but I found it to be a bit scattered. Perhaps there were too many of the aforementioned great things mixed together. Perhaps a bit too serious as well because for me his best work mixes horror, absurdity, and humor. This is honest criticism of a book I definitely finished til the end and enjoyed.

My favorites definitely Convict Connections, instructions for a..., Gentle Creature, the really dark one with alien "angels" and their adversaries.

A funny Parsons anecdote, I was browsing BYOB which I had almost never done before and was reading through a thread. I read a certain post and it was so hilarious and uniquely written that even though I had no idea what his screen name was, I knew it to be his work. I don't think many writers can claim having that kind of truly unique, immediately recognizable style.

Play fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread