Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Basically what it seems like is a blind subscription service, like loot crate or comic bento, only it's games instead of big t-shirts or whatever. Considering going in for the first month... could be exciting. If anyone else here is thinking of signing up, post in this thread, and then we can discuss the games when the games get sent out. Using the "Games" thread tag, as this thread is about games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this seems like it could be cool, but i am worried that it will just result in me getting like 10 shovelware indie crap titles a month. i will sit back the first month i think and see what kind of stuff comes out of it before signing up

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

pog boyfriend posted:

this seems like it could be cool, but i am worried that it will just result in me getting like 10 shovelware indie crap titles a month. i will sit back the first month i think and see what kind of stuff comes out of it before signing up

the first months probably gonna be the best ever just because of this

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

I like indie crap... my real worry is that it'll be indie crap I already own and have 50 hours on

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

no they will not posted:

I like indie crap... my real worry is that it'll be indie crap I already own and have 50 hours on

i like indie games that are cool and inventive, and a lot of indie rpgs, and stuff like that, but what i do not want is 5 games about zombies that may or may not be made in the source engine, 2 open access games that crash all of the time and the developer mysteriously stopped updating his twitter every day when the kickstarter got funded, 2 2d shooter games(one is top down, the other is kind of like a platformer), and a minecraft clone

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

i like indie games that are cool and inventive, and a lot of indie rpgs, and stuff like that, but what i do not want is 5 games about zombies that may or may not be made in the source engine, 2 open access games that crash all of the time and the developer mysteriously stopped updating his twitter every day when the kickstarter got funded, 2 2d shooter games(one is top down, the other is kind of like a platformer), and a minecraft clone

for any one of those taken on their own i would agree but there's something i'd kind of relish about getting 10 really lovely games all at once

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I would assume the first month will be really good then all the others shovel ware so if anything do that 1

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Are you able to gift games you already own to your friends?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Are you able to gift games you already own to your friends?

i think they just give you the steam codes? so probably yeah

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ya know what, sure, i'm gonna try this.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
im entering in my credit card info for this site and blasting name of the game by crystal method
only one of these things is true

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
I don't get why I'd want to do this instead of the regular bundles where I can see what I'm getting before I buy it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the current Capcom bundle is pretty nuts. I'm going to buy it today

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the signup bonus is grimrock 2, which is on steam for 24 bucks right now, so you an view it as getting a 50% discount on that

unfortch i bought it for that much already in the summer sale

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

Holy poo poo. Thanks for mentioning this. I just got it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm in class right now (8th grade) what's in the Capcom bundle

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Average Bear posted:

I'm in class right now (8th grade) what's in the Capcom bundle

Humble Capcom Bundle

$1

STRIDER (PC: Steam)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 Episode 1: Penal Colony (PC: Steam)
Lost Planet 3 (PC: Steam)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed (PC: Steam)

beat the average

Resident Evil Revelations (PC: Steam)
DmC: Devil May Cry (PC: Steam)
Resident Evil 5 (PC: Steam)
resident evil 4 hd
remember me

$15

Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories DLC (PC: Steam)
Ultra Street Fighter IV (PC: Steam)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Bionic Commando Rearmed is so loving good.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I haven't played any of those games. Cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only thing missing that I wanted was the REmaster. Otherwise great bundle

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Black Baby Goku posted:

The only thing missing that I wanted was the REmaster. Otherwise great bundle

same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played a resi game. Should I pick up REmaster as well or just jump straight to 4.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I know they're redoing 2 as well, so I'll play that on PC eventually

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theyre redoing 0 for some reason

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
resident evil 4 extremely owns, never played the older ones though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

re2 and 3 for ps1 are on sale on psn for $2 right now

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Nemesis was a lot of fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

re2 and 3 for ps1 are on sale on psn for $2 right now

Hot drat! I can buy every RE game for like 12 bucks total

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm glad they're acknowledging Remember Me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Same

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Resident Evil 4 is so goddamn win.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Kazvall posted:

Bionic Commando Rearmed is so loving good.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also REmake was awesome when I played in on GameCube. Excited to see what they do with RE2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm glad they're acknowledging Remember Me.

I loved the setting, art design and memory manipulation scenes in that game. Shame about the movement and combat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I loved the setting, art design and memory manipulation scenes in that game. Shame about the movement and combat.
I liked the rhythm-game approach to brawling but I wish they'd done more with the idea. The platforming was definitely bad.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

I've never played a resi game. Should I pick up REmaster as well or just jump straight to 4.

remaster, 2, and 4 are the good ones in the series. i havent played 2 yet but the other two are good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

good thing theyve retreated into story games and gave up on gameplay

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Resident Evil 4 is so goddamn win.

im playing through it right now for the first time since i was 12 and it's just as epic as i remember

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

im playing through it right now for the first time since i was 12 and it's just as epic as i remember

Same, except I'm 12 right now :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

4 is insanely good and is so different from any of the previous ones that there's no reason to consider it "skipping" them, you might as well ask if you should play Halo or Banjo Kazooie before jumping into RE4.

• Locked thread