Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

penis man posted:

i suppose its an option but y bother @ this point when my next 9-10 are going to be in a closet with no windows and bars by myself

id rather at least catch up on my hive mind psychosis social interactions that i intentionally avoided specifically to not get caught up in bullshit like this and attempt to escape the crap that had been following me since i was dropped off for my very first day of school /nofix

Post at me dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Darth123123 posted:

Post at me dude

pls dont msg me on steam again like a retard

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

penis man posted:

pls dont msg me on steam again like a retard

What's steam you fag?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

naem posted:

Teenaged anelgina Jolie shows up at your house with a tshirt that says "1997" and she says "what's taters precious" and beats you to death with an ear of corn

That's my fetish :aaa:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I like penis man

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Lavender posted:

I moved back to the Black Hills of SD to see family more, but yeah, I'm about ready to get back to the twin Cities.

Deadwood is a cool and good city.

:flaccid:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Captain Lavender posted:

I moved back to the Black Hills of SD to see family more, but yeah, I'm about ready to get back to the twin Cities.

Twin cities would be perfect it they didn't have such freezing weather most of the year.

Low cost of living, lots of education and career opportunities.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i'm sad to report that the one non-bar, non-fastfood restaurant we went to in the tiny town outside of macomb where we had our big midwest family reunions has closed :rip: but they've finally built a new hotel. not sure what we're going to eat there though. the restaurant was in bushnell i think? or prairie city. i cant remember which is which.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Captain Lavender posted:

I like the Black Hills a lot and very pretty but it's the opposite side of the state for me :(

Tytanium
Oct 27, 2006

YASSEAH!

Is this Wisconsin Dells?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

fukken owned

Top 20 Drunkest Cities in the US posted:

1. Appleton, WI
2. Oshkosh-Neenah, WI
3. Green Bay, WI
4. Madison, WI
5. Fargo, ND
6. La Crosse – Onalaska, WI
7. Fond du Lac, WI
8. Ames, IA
9. Eau Claire, WI
10. Mankato-North Mankato, MN
11. Wausau, WI
12. Sheboygan, WI
13. Missoula, MT
14. Grand Forks, ND
15. Racine, WI
16. Janesville-Beloit, WI
17. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI
18. Lincoln, NE
19. Iowa City, IA
20. Corvallis, OR

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

fukken owned

WI also has a really high rate of deaths due to drunk driving.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
also booze is really cheap in wisconsin

I guess I would be even more drunk all the time if I lived in the middle of nowhere up there

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I guess I would be even more drunk all the time if I lived in the middle of nowhere up there

A 30 minute drive to Wisconsin if I need booze on a Sunday as well. loving Minnesota Sunday law.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

Lewis Black was pretty much right.

Even going to stores it's much cheaper.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

etalian posted:

WI also has a really high rate of deaths due to drunk driving.

yeah there's some downsides but lookit that, no competition for miles. rest you suckas need eugenics and a hundred fuckin years of practice before you can even think about steppin.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

VectorSigma posted:

fukken owned

It's so beautiful

I live with someone who has lived in 4, 7, and 17 his entire life

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

quote:

17. Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis, WI

lol how is this the name of a loving place :cripes:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

thathonkey posted:

It's not, it's a metro area made up of a bunch of cities (three of which are Milwaukee, West Allis and Waukesha)

How is that so difficult to understand?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

thathonkey posted:

It's like Dallas-Ft Worth, Raleigh-Durham & Winston-Salem.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VectorSigma posted:

yeah there's some downsides but lookit that, no competition for miles. rest you suckas need eugenics and a hundred fuckin years of practice before you can even think about steppin.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/costs-of-wisconsin-dui-drunk-driving-families-forced-into-advocacy/

WI is also one of the few states that doesn't criminalize DUIs.

They tried but most of the bills get killed/ignored in the state senate.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
*Nods smugly* a strong showing from Iowa against the Wisconsin juggernaut.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Brave New World posted:

Only people actually say those out loud, no one has ever said "Milwaukee-Waukesha-West Allis" except just now when reading that list. I have no idea why they lumped them together except maybe to avoid having a list of 22 cities. That list is suspect anyway, every single WI town of 20,000 or less that I've spent any time in is waaaaay drunker than Madison. Not arguing with Appleton, Oshkosh, and Green Bay at the top though, the Fox Valley in its entirety is a hosed wasteland.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

20. Corvallis, OR

considering this area is basically the midwest, I'm not really surprised. I just have to drive south from my yuppie paradise in portland, it's just farms for miles, grass farms and all sorts of other poo poo.

That being said, I loved living in Omaha and I miss it a lot.

I miss drinking Boulevard at Boondocker's at 120th and Fort, that lovely bar and I have some memories.

The long rear end drives for miles to see nothing in any direction as opposed to here (Oregon) if I drive in most directions, it's something (forest, ocean, mountains) I prefer nothing.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Now does the heavy drinking mean that Wisconsin is the hardest - partying Midwestern state or just that it has something in it that is causing the most crippling alcoholism

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Lowtax posted:

Welcome to Missouri! We got Jesus, the Statue of Liberty, the Virgin Mary, and George Brett!

How do I "like" this photo?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

thathonkey posted:

i'm sad to report that the one non-bar, non-fastfood restaurant we went to in the tiny town outside of macomb where we had our big midwest family reunions has closed :rip: but they've finally built a new hotel. not sure what we're going to eat there though. the restaurant was in bushnell i think? or prairie city. i cant remember which is which.

We had several pretty good independent restaurants open and shutter in the course of 8 months or so. There were a few that stuck around for decades and have since closed, but god drat if the good ol' hometown McDonald's isn't packed full every single morning with the walking mummy husks of the greatest generation complaining about how lovely the younger generation is

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Lots of words for picture thread.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Cool, my town made the list!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

No. 6 posted:

Lots of words for picture thread.

4 real

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

It's not, it's a metro area made up of a bunch of cities (three of which are Milwaukee, West Allis and Waukesha)

How is that so difficult to understand?

Because it is on a list of towns/cities that makes it confusing to people not intimately familiar with the region and we are talking about midwesterners after all, a people not exactly known for their good tastes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Brave New World posted:

These should be called the Bi-cities

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

quad city djs

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Monkey Fracas posted:

Now does the heavy drinking mean that Wisconsin is the hardest - partying Midwestern state or just that it has something in it that is causing the most crippling alcoholism

A little of column A..... a lot of column B.

XVIII
Jul 11, 2007
londish by injection
Does Peoria still smell like grilled cheese?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

XVIII posted:

Does Peoria still smell like grilled cheese?

You mean the ethanol plant smell? Yes last time I was there.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

thathonkey posted:

Because it is on a list of towns/cities that makes it confusing to people not intimately familiar with the region and we are talking about midwesterners after all, a people not exactly known for their good tastes

sorry but if you don't recognize "city-city" as a naming convention of referring to metro areas, you're just dumb hth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Crusty Nutsack posted:

sorry but if you don't recognize "city-city" as a naming convention of referring to metro areas, you're just dumb hth

fair enough crusty nutsack i know when im overmatched and i will yield to you that is probably correct

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

post pictures you dildos!

• Locked thread