Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Edit: check the Jedit post at the end of last page. :)

Holy crap that went fast at the end.

Time to talk strategy, because this game is weird enough that a normal Mafia strategy wouldn't work anyway.

So I was player 11, which means I had a slightly above average scum percentage for most of the game. That's why I decided to... uh, mostly play as scum but keep my options open in case I wasn't. For my night kill I mostly tried killing the cop. Other than that, it didn't really matter. Targeted imgay when it was clear they weren't scum because nobody was gonna vote them out during daytime anyway. I might also have tried to target possible competitor scum in order to remove those universes.

I knew that for the last day when I was active, Hiipfire was very likely to be the cop - and there was a reasonable chance they had checked me and gotten scum, which is why I specifically did not indicate I wanted to see his investigation result. It would've meant my death. Hiipfire had been a lazy poster for the entire thread so I felt quite lucky. In the end I didn't turn out to be scum so whatever. I did the correct thing there.

During day time, I was completely honest. By themselves, cop results were useless anyway, so better to share them, right? Besides, if I *was* the cop I wouldn't be scum so everything would work out. I voted for possible other scum, which makes sense: either I am scum and it's better to be certain ASAP, or I'm not and it's a good thing to kill wolves. No point in tricking people during daytime, while your role isn't defined yet. I also made the graph, that as far as I could tell was correct. I did keep my scum targets for myself - those could end up becoming discriminating evidence. And I didn't post updates to the chart afterwards, at first because nothing much happened, later on because my chance of being good seemed to drop. No point in posting charts if it might end badly for me.

To conclude... this game might've been more interesting if our cop Hiipfire had been a more active poster. I might also have died earlier. Other than that - I have no idea if my strategy actually made any sense, it's still not completely clear to me how this game is supposed to work.

I hope Jedit can post his thoughts here, he saw all people's percentages change up close, and he might understand more of the strategy involved. I thought it was kinda weird that Jedit kept saying that there will be one universe left REAL SOON but then it wouldn't happen until the end of the game.

So, that's my thoughts on this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Carbon dioxide posted:

I thought it was kinda weird that Jedit kept saying that there will be one universe left REAL SOON but then it wouldn't happen until the end of the game.

You kept voting for the people whose death would eliminate the smallest number of universes - probably because you were trying to keep the Cop alive. As I said in my last post, that's not the way Quantum Mafia works. The Cop's results are meaningless while he's alive because until he dies, he's not the Cop.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Honestly I was planning on not really disclosing my cop results as to avoid being caught as scum whenever all the universes collapsed

but then people started claiming and started lynching people who didnt claim results

so instead i just posted barely to avoid getting attention on me

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
like seriously why would you claim you're the 100% town are you insane

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
When I hammered that one guy I was just confused and bored as gently caress. I honestly was about to request your hint. It was hilarious when I and Kashuno both died because of that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I played like an idiot and won, so I'm happy.

I also completely missed the "tell me your number or u dead" part of kashuno's post.

• Locked thread