Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This looks interesting, and I'd love to see how you make it shake out.

If you don't have a computer opponent, are there other sorts of challenges you can set for yourself? Like, have X money by X date or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Start off our rail network by building some passenger tram lines to Pukehohe, up Papakura way. HQ in Pukehohe for preference.

I'm thinking long-term it'd be more interesting to leave shipping goods for last, so we can progress from passengers to food down south and then stretch north for goods. ...if that makes any sense. I've never played this game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
See you next year, where I hope you'll be able to answer this question: why is the AI kicking our asses so very, very bad?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How long can an industry stick around with no transport to service it, and what determines how often new ones pop up?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is there any advantage or disadvantage to choosing a particular fuel source for your locomotives, or is it cosmetic?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, real time train routing and collisions. That must get frustrating if you tried to go for style and just relied on timing to stay collision free, and then something screwed up the beat frequency.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does the game run out of relevant names when it picks names like "Farm 3" or are those just, like, the names the map was seeded with?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

So is this a town laying out a new road grid to grow, or losing buildings to shrink, or what?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do you get a share of the proceeds from any building you build yourself, or is that abstracted out as the same share you'd get from successful transport of a third party?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Those 737s look comically over-large, even for their new upgraded airports. Will 747s even fit on the runway?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, I'm surprised at how transport capacity has teched up. Enough to actually run a producer out of resources.

Now, does that mean it's absolutely going to grow, or is that still kind of random?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Spaced God posted:

So that’s the story of the de Havilland Comet. It changed the entire landscape of commercial aviation, and brought the world into the jet age. We’re getting into the modern era in game now, so I’m not sure what other aircraft are left to unlock, if any. If y’all have any questions or requests for things I should cover in the remaining time of the LP, just give me a PM or post in the thread. :)

I don't have any requests other than, before this is done, find something else you feel is worth talking about. I love me an effortpost.

I feel for those poor people who were on the first jets that just... sort of flew apart out from under them in the middle of the sky. At least they died long before they hit the ground?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. That's kind of ridiculous, how much money you can make when you have room to focus on one industry.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So since this map is an attempt at being to scale, how many miles are one map square?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh wow, towns can just close down entirely? I would not have expected them to go that far.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. Watching that plane just whipsaw around was kind of weirdly terrifying.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That was some quality B -17 history, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's weird, but the thing I find most charming about this game is the way the music cycles in and out as the years go by. I guess as a non-foamer that's easier for me to get a handle on.

• Locked thread