Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
How does this game stack up against OpenTTD?
I remember playing this for a while back when it first came out, but not really getting into it very much. Growing the towns into cities and making intricate tram lines was fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Jaguars! posted:

This is a very common sight with many AIs! it also shows how cheap bridges are. I wonder if making bridges cost more would make the AI hug the ground better, but on the other hand the computer doesn't terraform very well.

You can also see some progression from the older games here: you can see small and large radius curves and a chicane near the green station.

On thing I remember you could do was floating stations and elevated railways.
AI got the best catchment area in a town? No problem, just raise a piece of land 5-6 blocks high above the town and build rail bridge right over to it, and build your station floating above. For some reason the game wasn't to bothered about the station not actually being attached to the ground. Bridges and elevated stations were ridiculously cheap.

Yikes.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Pea posted:

Long term suggestion: develop the smallest backwater on the map into a bustling metropolis.

Yes, pave over The Shire.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

SupSuper posted:

Speaking of AI, I dug out my old install of Locomotion and found this:

Can you tell it runs on the RCT engine? :v:

Jesus Christ :stonklol:

• Locked thread