Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Glad to see the LP back, I'm enjoying this (also currently reading Lives of the Engineers). I was always a bit mystified at how popular Transport Tycoon games were. I'd go crazy managing all the routes in this game, if it was just you playing solo would you have ever bothered with the trunk-and-branch model?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Does Locomotion assume a common rail gauge? Can you run your trains on tram lines? I guess the setting isn't early enough for different rail gauges to really be a problem, especially since you're theoretically the first railway ever in the area.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
What sort of timeline is there on turning the islands into concrete hellscapes? Is it mostly just waiting for the towns there to build up through passenger traffic?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Really enjoying the names.

I hope you don't let those Comets degrade in reliability too much :ohdear:

Can planes crash like trains? Does it occur with the same frequency?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Find a way to erase those hideous AI bridges!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Alternatively, could you find a way to turn those AI bridges into giant dicks?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
At this point, what's the largest plane that it makes sense to run? A 747 can probably carry more passengers than the entire real-life population of these villages.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
All hail the A380, crusher of puny pixel-airports.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Does the Concord animate the nose drooping for takeoffs? Or the constant protests against noise at every airfield you own?

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I'm pretty sure some of the junctions are larger than actual towns at this point.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Jaguars! posted:

Discovering that theres a whole genre of these videos... ...it unnerves me a bit.

There's even parodies of the genre!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInDH2FeXaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Thanks for the great LP! I learned far more about trains and planes than I ever imagined I would want to know!

• Locked thread