Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
This has very little to do with the LP at hand, but: Was this the railroad/business/transport tycoon type game where one of the scenarios was set in the near future and required you to transport a bunch of concrete to a geothermal power plant that blew up because it was spewing greenhouse gases and which had gradually-rising water levels as it went on? Because I played that from some gaming magazine demo disc years ago and seeing this thread suddenly reminded me of it and now it's driving me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

thedaian posted:

Sounds like it might have been Railroad Tycoon 2, the Second Century. There's some info on it here: http://theterminal.dune2k.com/?p=rrt2-version-century

drat, looks like it. When I first thought of it I was certain it wasn't Railroad Tycoon so I guess I had only remembered (and subsequently forgotten) the "the second century" part of the title.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Aeiouckland station

President Ark
May 16, 2010

SupSuper posted:

Speaking of AI, I dug out my old install of Locomotion and found this:

Can you tell it runs on the RCT engine? :v:

Oh boy, spaghetti!

President Ark
May 16, 2010

quote:

how long would those bridges be in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

tomanton posted:

Sure.

Jaguars said Great Britain is especially bad, but words don't do justice. Sheffield is in here somewhere.

The Bristol Channel is also no more, having been completely paved over to accommodate freight highways and rollercoasters. By sheer coincidence, a familiar face is helping turn England into a dystopian train hell.

:britain:

I want to read dystopian fiction written about life in the grim future of the United Railway Kingdom.

• Locked thread