Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I have only one request/challenge:

Develop the island towns (Okiwi, Tryphena, Oneroa, Onetangi) to the maximum level possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

Can definitely do! Goodbye pristine native bush! :v:
BTW, by developing I meant stimulate the towns' growth through regular transport services and possibly invest in industrial complexes (I forgot if you can buy those in Locomotion?), not just "build a bunch of poo poo and call it a day" :v:

Also, no mass leveling (in that area at least). Huge engineering projects and land reclamation efforts are OK, but it's more fun if you work organically along with the landscape you're given and not just plonk a 100x100 building field of sea-level flatland.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 25, 2015

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
gently caress you Jaguars, I reinstalled Loco and lost an hour just because I wanted to check something :colbert:

BTW, someone remind me how I can switch cargo on multi-cargo car orders (e.g. I have coal/ore hoppers and a full-load order says load coal, how do I switch that to load ore?).

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

Can I build isolated routes and link them up later, or does it all have to be one network from the start?

Yes, as long as they're full, town-based networks, and not "just link all the most profitable industries to start with".

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Got a link to the map, or have I missed it?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's wrong with "Chowick"? I lack context.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
OK, maybe I'm just a moron but I still can't find it.

Let me clarify: when I asked for the map I meant the actual map/scenario file you can play, not images.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Thanks! Is it custom-made just for the LP?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hm, doesn't work. May I ask for the list of mods?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Jaguars! posted:

P.S. Should I timg the full size screenshots?

Crop them or resize your screen to 1024px wide. They break tables as they are but timgs are a hassle.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I don't see any island development going on, not even a bus/tram route :colbert:

(do we even have trams yet?)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pea posted:

Long term suggestion: develop the smallest backwater on the map into a bustling metropolis.

That's exactly why I made the island challenge.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is there no diagonals besides winding curves? Is it just N/S/E/W + Curve bits only?

The largest curve is laid in 45 degree bits and allows for diagonal tracks.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So creating a dual-track layout will fix some of that pathfinding, right?

Yes, and be a wonderful opportunity to gently caress up in many new places. :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
AAAttractive property for sale on North Shore

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I vote for something food-related (Brewery, Food Plant) on the Okiwi-Tryphena island. :getin:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So, is it some running joke, or do they actually call themselves foamers?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I hope the state of the game post includes a giant screenshot of the whole map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Looks a lot like A-Train. Man, I'd love to see that LPed.

• Locked thread