Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I'd better not play this, Transport Tycoon/OpenTTD is like crack to me. I can waste DAYS just building intricate transport networks. Enjoying the LP so far, mind you.

What's the purpose of the loop, though? Is it just for funsies? Or is it to extend the route because the price boost on delivered goods is based on distance travelled rather than straight-line distance between origin and end stations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
AAA, Hauraki Gulf.

(Immediately, All of them, Freight)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Man, the competition is NOT sitting idly by. Their stuff doesn't look as terrifyingly disruptive or spaghetti-tastic as I had expected, though. At least, not yet.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

So is this where we say "gently caress IT" and sabotage Burgundy mercilessly with every dirty trick the game allows us to use?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

tomanton posted:

by 1905 the landscape is a frustrating dystopian train hell. By 1920 you can't see the ground.

I want to see some screenshots of this.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

That's a LOT of cows.

Do mines actually become exhausted eventually? Or do they, like the other businesses, close down through no one picking up their cargo and bringing them business?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'm consistently amused by the vehicle names.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Needs more breweries. Everywhere.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I love these technical/historical info interludes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Holy poo poo, that's a hideous loving bridge. Clearly we need to beat her at her own game by making the longest possible bridge that we can possibly roll a train across to transport something somewhere.

• Locked thread