Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xelada
Dec 21, 2012
When I saw the Passenger Carriages I first wondered why you would ever use the smaller one, then I noticed it was about half the weight (and slightly cheaper, 6/7 the price of the larger one), after running the numbers it still seems like a bit of a raw deal, it might be useful for the last spattering/very small trips, but for anything bigger the large ones seemed better... then I saw the kind of scale we're talking about (seriously fractions of a person), which now makes me wonder when you would be able to fill the large one.
So either I'm not understanding the mechanics or some of those carts are already useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xelada
Dec 21, 2012
If you are still taking challenges I'd like to submit one:
Connect (preferably by rail) Port Waikato and Army Bay.

On a slightly different note, to get back to my mathcrafting: if you can send as many passengers as you can fit I see no reason to ever use the smaller passenger carriage, 200 people and 20 mail using them would weigh 160t while 192 people and 20 mail using the long ones and a mail cart is only 135t, has a higher run cost ($40 vs $18), and start-up cost($3840 vs $2048).

Also, after looking at the graphs it seems that passengers are better to go for than mail, they both become worthless at the same point (around 90 days), and gives about twice the money , in fact even if the goods gave the same money passengers would still be the better option, comparing 2 mail carriages to 1 (proper) passenger carriage, the passenger carriage is better in almost every conceivable way, it is cheaper, faster, comes earlier, and holds more, while having the same upkeep and weight.

After that most of the non-perishables seem to use basically the same wagons and the only differences are the prices, which barely lower with time so we should probably do them in this order: Steel, Wood, Paper, Coal, Iron Ore, Grain, the rest are currently not quite as worth it as you need heavier wagons with less capacity.

• Locked thread