Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

Don Lapre posted:

Wont that kill the battery quickly

That kind of use case plus environmental conditions (I imagine this isn't in a temp/humidity controlled environment, right?) would kill off most off the shelf UPS's, no question. How long they would last is hard to say but I would guess not nearly as long as they are meant to :)

Marine battery + inverter as zer0spunk says would work - I used something similar in the military back in the day - but these days solar passthrough is probably your better option, assuming you can get it there - speaking of which how are you planning on doing that? My experience with West Africa (and Southeast Asia, etc.) is that getting the parts you need in country is often a bigger challenge than figuring out which parts to get. Best bet is usually to fly them in as personal baggage and lug them the rest of the way. Unless you are with an NGO that already has a solid shipping plan in place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread