Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

lol drat, wow,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

:troll::megusta::fffuuuu::shibe:

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

They spelt doge wrong.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

jump, no DON't JUMP! Okay jump... ONCE!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You may think the image I posted in the OP has four memes, but you'd be wrong- there's actually a fifth meme cleverly hidden.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

the day of sex meme?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You may think the image I posted in the OP has four memes, but you'd be wrong- there's actually a fifth meme cleverly hidden.

Actually, I noticed the fifth meme almost immediately. It was trivial for me to find and parse the more subtle meme - I'd say it took no more than 3 seconds, as I have a college grade reading level.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the face labelled as "rageface" isn't actually the rageface face

Soral
May 30, 2009

for reference this is the rage face

and this is the lol face, which payday 2 incorrectly labels as the rage fdace

Soral
May 30, 2009

i hope this helps

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Soral posted:

i hope this helps

Thank you.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Seshoho Cian posted:

They spelt doge wrong.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I really don't understand how they managed to gently caress that up. Could they not run a quick google search to make sure they had the right names for the right meme faces? Something is fishy here.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

If they were have to asked me the names of the meme faces, I could have told them exactly which one was which without so much as looking up from my compy.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Paid AIDS.

Pikachu
Feb 6, 2010

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE
suddenly glad I never ended up buying payday 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:troll::megusta::fffuuuu::shibe:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
overkill didn't charge for these which was a missed opportunity

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Lumpy the Cook posted:

There. Are. 4. Memes!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rediscover posted:

I really don't understand how they managed to gently caress that up. Could they not run a quick google search to make sure they had the right names for the right meme faces? Something is fishy here.

this is all part of their plan to troll people.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Buschmaki posted:

There. Are. 4. Memes!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Yoda has unimaginable stamina.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Epic.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
after 2 years they added a jump animation and made a trailer to celebrate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--JS-CPKV4Y

rip jacket from hotline miami, lost to space

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

There. Are. 4. Memes!

Captain Picard ftw

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
doge mask is some win

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I wish I could be my favorite meme IRL.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

rediscover posted:

If they were have to asked me the names of the meme faces, I could have told them exactly which one was which without so much as looking up from my compy.
Turn your monitor on.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Rofl at what's happened to this game btw.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Basically, almost all the weapons got nerfed and the only way to bump them back up to their original damage/fire rate/etc is to get special skins for them from CSGO style crates that need keys for $2.99 apiece (or as a really rare drop, which was only added later along with a message to please stop lowering their metascore) to unlock.

Also, the skins are RNG so you don't know which weapon they'll work with or even if you own the weapon they're for.

Also, a couple of days ago they updated it so that people who paid for their skins get extra XP/money.

Also, the 'special secret reward' that people who bought that $20 DLC pack in February finally ended up getting today was one of these crates that needs money to open.

Also, the one dev who repeatedly said over the years that they would never do microtransactions in this game, who also did the music and was a VA for one of the characters, suddenly left the company over the summer under unknown circumstances.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Also, the game's developers have supposedly spent several million dollars developing a VR headset made specifically for two of their games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why does every single one of these games slowly but surely transform into a coiled turd.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Why does every single one of these games slowly but surely transform into a coiled turd.

as someone who played payday 2 a lot i can confirm that it was always a coiled turd. it just started to stink

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I've never taken a poo poo that didn't stink immediately. That's why their called stink sticks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never even seen video of a payday game being played. are they like over the shoulder shooters or something?

• Locked thread