Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i've never even seen video of a payday game being played. are they like over the shoulder shooters or something?

a mediocre FPS horde where instead of orcs it's police. The devs are a bunch of meme loving Scandinavians, like Ragg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
It had good shotguns but they were nerfed two or three weeks in.

Soral
May 30, 2009

the game is bad now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

I've never taken a poo poo that didn't stink immediately. That's why their called stink sticks.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not gonna talk poo poo op because I have 500 hours in this game but uninstalling has freed up a lot of space ty

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I think Overkill's in a position where they can't really stop LUA mods because the HUD mods and stuff are too popular for them to get rid of. At the same time, without preventing LUA mods means they can't do anything about people giving themselves skins. Clearly the answer is to give yourself all the skins and ignore the terrible decisions they're making.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Atoramos posted:

I think Overkill's in a position where they can't really stop LUA mods because the HUD mods and stuff are too popular for them to get rid of. At the same time, without preventing LUA mods means they can't do anything about people giving themselves skins. Clearly the answer is to give yourself all the skins and ignore the terrible decisions they're making.

Clearly the answer is actually to do what I did months ago, which was uninstall the game.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Clearly the answer is actually to do what I did months ago, which was uninstall the game.

Yea but the game's still fun and they keep adding fun content. This lets me play while not feeling too dirty.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
payday 2 is still okay ive never really cared about the morality of games as long as games are fun i dont have to open crates and i dont have to pay for anything to play besides the base game as long as my friends are suckers and buy all the dlc which they are
so im not going to cry on a public forum about the evils of teh gaming industry instead im going to hold up a bank gather up all the hostages into one room and throw a grenade cuz im a twisted lil boy >:D

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

starbarry clock posted:

payday 2 is still okay ive never really cared about the morality of games as long as games are fun i dont have to open crates and i dont have to pay for anything to play besides the base game as long as my friends are suckers and buy all the dlc which they are
so im not going to cry on a public forum about the evils of teh gaming industry instead im going to hold up a bank gather up all the hostages into one room and throw a grenade cuz im a twisted lil boy >:D

Hey man... next time you throw the grenade throw it into your rear end and explode from the inside. Cheers.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

net cafe scandal posted:

Hey man... next time you throw the grenade throw it into your rear end and explode from the inside. Cheers.

why dont you make some gay rp post like *puts the grenade in your butthole and rolls out of the way as youre brutally exploded* as you usually do

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Role play is appropriate for this forum

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Why does every single one of these games slowly but surely transform into a coiled turd.

I don't know, but I'll never go hungry. Because I eat turds.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

starbarry clock posted:

why dont you make some gay rp post like *puts the grenade in your butthole and rolls out of the way as youre brutally exploded* as you usually do

*puts you on ignore* :troll:

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

net cafe scandal posted:

*puts you on ignore* :troll:

owned

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
payday 2 is still good if you use that 10 line lua script to unlock all the microtransactions and just sidestep that whole issue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i've never even seen video of a payday game being played. are they like over the shoulder shooters or something?

I've played the first one. It's a FPS game about robbing banks but they're just koth basically. You're in a bank and stealing money sure but all you can do is sit by the drill cracking the case and guard it for 5 minutes while cops spawn endlessly. It's rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only funny thing about it is that you have to hit F to start the heist and you're supposed to wait until everyone is in ideal positions when you play online, but since anybody can trigger it my friend and I spent a Saturday afternoon joining games and starting the heist in the middle of the road outside the bank which causes 10 swat cars to spawn instantly at your location and it's nearly impossible to not instantly fail, which entertained us for a while.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

In Training posted:

I've played the first one. It's a FPS game about robbing banks but they're just koth basically. You're in a bank and stealing money sure but all you can do is sit by the drill cracking the case and guard it for 5 minutes while cops spawn endlessly. It's rear end

you can sneak certain missions in the first one and you can sneak a bunch in the second playday if you dont want to just do the standard koth thing

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game is kind of OK to play with friends but I don't like that the missions go from extremely easy and short to ridiculously long and hard with almost no middle ground. And ever since they added stealth, everyone tries to stealth everything no matter what, and will scream and demand a restart if you fail stealth at all even if it's like halfway through the stupid rear end 1 hour mission. Also all the enemies are bullet sponges & the one that stuns you spawns like every other cop on higher difficulties

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
lol @ the fact that literally every content update that makes the game harder has been free while every content update that makes the game easier you have to pay for

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

The game is kind of OK to play with friends but I don't like that the missions go from extremely easy and short to ridiculously long and hard with almost no middle ground. And ever since they added stealth, everyone tries to stealth everything no matter what, and will scream and demand a restart if you fail stealth at all even if it's like halfway through the stupid rear end 1 hour mission. Also all the enemies are bullet sponges & the one that stuns you spawns like every other cop on higher difficulties

i only played with a guy who hated the stealth in this game so we never stealthed it was a far more enjoyable experience

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
the only way stealth could be better is if they actually used a game engine that could accommodate it instead of still using l4d1's engine as their base

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the hotline miami heist was really fun, the music for it was really cool and they also made it so you could set custom music tracks for individual levels around the same time

that was when there was only like 20$ of dlc instead of the 100$ or more there is now

Soral
May 30, 2009

they removed the microtransactions

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Did they remove the tedious skills/perks/decks micromanagement bullcrap that went from being soso but manageable to being more clumsy and overcomplicated than most MMOs I've ever seen. Did they also boost all the base weapons which they needed to try to get people to gamble with microtransactions to unlock 'boosted' weapons that did as much damage as the base weapons used to.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Did they remove the tedious skills/perks/decks micromanagement bullcrap that went from being soso but manageable to being more clumsy and overcomplicated than most MMOs I've ever seen. Did they also boost all the base weapons which they needed to try to get people to gamble with microtransactions to unlock 'boosted' weapons that did as much damage as the base weapons used to.

there's a skill tree revamp in beta right now that's a lot easier to use than the old one if for no other reason than you can just arbitrarily get rid of poo poo you don't like and buy poo poo you do like without worrying about money invested or anything like that. the skills are all a lot more straight forward too, there's like a tree that basically says 'I MAKE YOU TOUGHER' and another that's like 'I MAKE YOU HEAL PEOPLE BETTER' and another that says 'I MAKE YOU BETTER AT SHOOTING BIG GUNS' you basically choose like 3 out of the 12 you have on offer and go nuts

there was also a weapon rebalance a couple months ago that makes basically any weapon fun and good, there are still people that will whine about what is optimal but everything is good enough now that you can basically tell them to eat your rear end while killing a gorillion cops

also like a week after the skins came out with 'boosts' they added boost items that were outright better than anything the skins did so the skins have been purely cosmetic for forever

also perk decks were redone to basically do one thing well so there's no weird choices there either, if you want to get shot a lot you take muscle if you want to regenerate health in light armor you take grinder etc

but basically yes everything in this post is fixed and most of them have been fixed for 6+ months

Soral
May 30, 2009

Coolguye posted:

there's a skill tree revamp in beta right now that's a lot easier to use than the old one if for no other reason than you can just arbitrarily get rid of poo poo you don't like and buy poo poo you do like without worrying about money invested or anything like that. the skills are all a lot more straight forward too, there's like a tree that basically says 'I MAKE YOU TOUGHER' and another that's like 'I MAKE YOU HEAL PEOPLE BETTER' and another that says 'I MAKE YOU BETTER AT SHOOTING BIG GUNS' you basically choose like 3 out of the 12 you have on offer and go nuts

there was also a weapon rebalance a couple months ago that makes basically any weapon fun and good, there are still people that will whine about what is optimal but everything is good enough now that you can basically tell them to eat your rear end while killing a gorillion cops

also like a week after the skins came out with 'boosts' they added boost items that were outright better than anything the skins did so the skins have been purely cosmetic for forever

also perk decks were redone to basically do one thing well so there's no weird choices there either, if you want to get shot a lot you take muscle if you want to regenerate health in light armor you take grinder etc

but basically yes everything in this post is fixed and most of them have been fixed for 6+ months

cool but did they make the game fun or what

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Is it actually worth reinstalling though. Will it ever be

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Soral posted:

cool but did they make the game fun or what

This.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have 500 hours on this game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

frank.club posted:

I have 500 hours on this game

is it fun

Soral
May 30, 2009

can someone confirm whether or not they made the game fun please

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, I like it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

please rank this list

payday 2
bayonetta
bayonetta 2
wonderful 101
wind waker hd
twilight princess hd
pikmin 3
new mario u
mario 3d world
captain toad
yarn yoshi
clay kirby
mario kart 8
smash bros 4
star fox zero
donkey kong tropical freeze
nes remix
nes remix 2
hyrule warriors
mario maker
splatoon

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
probably put payday 2 at the bottom and it's close

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive had a busy afternoon, thinking about how great the wii u is

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Soral posted:

can someone confirm whether or not they made the game fun please

They did not

It still has $140 of DLC and even before the microtransactions Overkill was doing stuff as gross as Hype Train so good for them but still lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

ive had a busy afternoon, thinking about how great the wii u is

You forgot Pokken which I just picked up and is really sick. Sucks about the local MP being so rough tho. Does anyone else play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

goferchan posted:

You forgot Pokken which I just picked up and is really sick. Sucks about the local MP being so rough tho. Does anyone else play?

the wii u is amazing

• Locked thread